Download and install Stock firmware for Oppo F5 Youth: In this article, we have mentioned for you the download files and method to install the firmware file. We have also provided for you a step by step guide on how to flash your device using the flashing firmware file. Keep reading further for more.
At situations when you have rooted your device or installed Custom ROMs on it, later on you realize that your F5 Youth was better off without the rooting and other stuff. Or else, a common problem most of us face is that we root our F5 Youth and then if we get an update of the device, we wish to go back to what the F5 Youth was when came from the manufacturer.
In certain cases, you will need to stock the firmware of your device the most. Yes, the F5 Youth bricked case! This nightmare if came true, can lead you in no time to flash your device. When your F5 Youth is bricked, it will not respond to any senses and will also not boot properly or may even get stuck in the bootloop. Problems like this can be very annoying.
For such unwanted situations, you can make use of a special sets of files called the Stock firmware flash files that help you with going back to your device settings as it came to you at the first place. And that is what’s going to be our topic for today.
What is ROM?
ROM is the abbreviation used for Read Only Memory. It is an operating system software that is responsible to run your Android device. It is a part of the hardware on your android smartF5 Youth or tablet. Android comes as two forms in ROM: 1. Stock ROM and 2. Custom ROM.
What is a Stock ROM?
A Stock Firmware file is the operating system in its default form, without any modifications made to it except for any device particular support needed to run it on that specific device. This firmware provides a standard user experience of the OS without any functional changes made to it.
In other words, it is an official software designed by the manufacturer for a specific device. Firmware is a programming which is written to a non volatile memory of a hardware device.It is added at the time of manufacturing. In simpler words, it can be called a software that allows the hardware to run.
Stock firmware are mostly chosen over the Custom firmware since they undergo a number of testing phases and ensure the user better security, bug free package and stability as well before deployment or release.
Some Features of Oppo F5 Youth Youth:
- The Oppo F5 Youth Youth was launched on December 2017.
- The display type for this device is LTPS IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with 16M colors and a size of 6.0 inches.
- The resolution is of 1080 × 2160 pixels and 18:9 ratio. It is a multi touch screen.
- The OS is Oppo F5 Youth Youth 7.1 Nougat.
- There is a micro SD Card slot with up to 256 GB and an internal memory of 32 GB and 3 GB RAM.
- The device contains Mediatek MT6763T Helio P23 Chipset.
- An Octa Core CPU and Mali- G71 MP2.
- The Single camera comes with 13 MP, and 16 MP Selfie Camera has LED Flash, HDR, Panorama.
- The battery is non-removable with Li-ION 3200 mAh Battery and the price being about 13,000 INR
Download Oppo F5 Youth Stock Firmware Flash File:
File Name: Oppo _F5 Youth_
File Size: 1 GB
File Type: .zip
DOWNLOAD OPPO F5 Youth STOCK FIRMWARE FLASH FILE
Note: Do make sure that you have taken a back up of all the personal data on your Oppo F5 Youth since this process may cause a data loss at times. It would be better to take a precaution. Your personal data will be deleted after flashing the stock firmware.
Pre- Requisite to install the Stock Firmware flash file on your Oppo F5 Youth:
- Laptop or PC.
- MSM Download Tool: Download MSM DOwnload Tool and Extract it.
- Download SP Flash Tool.
- This guide is only for Oppo device. Follow this guide with utmost attention since there are chances you may end up bricking your F5 Youth if you make a mistake.
- Make sure you take a Back up of your device data.
- Install the Oppo USB Drivers.
- Charge your device fully. Check to have at least 70% of the charging on your Oppo F5 Youth or it may cause hindrance at the time of flashing process.
How Flash Stock Firmware file on your Oppo F5 Youth:
Method 1: Install Via SDM Download Tool
- Download the file required above and extract it on your PC.
- In the folder that you just extracted, run the file with the name- MSMDownloadTool.exe as the administrator.
- Once the screen displays, then turn off your device.
- Now connect your device to PC with the help of USB Cables by pressing the VOLUME UP Button simultaneously.
- In the MSMDownload Tool screen you will have to load firmware.
- Click on Start All option to upgrade your device.
- Disconnect Your device and PC when the installing is finished.
- You can now switch your device ON to experience the flashing you performed on your Oppo F5 Youth.
Method 2: Flash Oppo F5 Youth Stock Firmware using SP Flash Tool.
Before getting into the actual process of installing the Oppo F5 Youth Stock Firmware Flash File on your PC do note that this method works on almost every Oppo device. And you should perform this process with utmost care since there are chances you may end up with your device bricked if you make some mistake.
Here is how you can flash the Oppo F5 Youth with the Oppo F5 Youth Stock Firmware Flash File:
Step 1: To begin with the flashing process of your Oppo F5 Youth, Download and install the Android USB Drivers on your Windows PC. You can skip to the next step if you have already installed them on your PC.
Step 2: Switch off your Oppo SmartF5 Youth and remove its battery if it is removable.
Step 3: Now Download the Stock ROM Firmware flash file for your Oppo F5 Youth and extract the same on your PC.
Step 4: Now Download and extract the Smart F5 Youth Flash Tool on your Computer.
Step 5: There you will come across a number of files on your screen of which, open the Flash_tool.exe. You will find this from the extracted files in step 4.
Step 6: When you launch the Smart F5 Youth Flash Tool, click on the download tab.
Step 7: Click on the Scatter Loading Button in the Download Tab.
Step 8: Search the Scatter File in the Stock ROM folder.
Step 9: Now Click on the Download Button to initiate the process of flashing.
Step 10: Its time you connect your Oppo F5 Youth to the Computer via the USB Cables. Once you connect the device to the Computer, press the Volume Down or the Volume Up key so that the computer can detect your device with ease.
Step 11: Once you are done with the flashing process, a green ring will appear on the screen.
Step 12: Disconnect your Oppo F5 Youth from the Computer and close the Smart F5 Youth Flash Tool.
That’s it! You have managed to successfully flash the stock firmware on your Oppo F5 Youth.
Benefits of Stock ROM:
- Pre-installed apps: The Android devices, in general, with Stock ROMs come with a number of pre-installed Apps. These could be as- Music Players, Live Wallpapers, App Stores, Calendar, Clock, etc. However, some apps can cause to be a bloatware since they are not of much use to the users.
- Upgrade or Downgrade Oppo F5 Youth: When you have rooted your device, you do not get to update it and this may turn annoying. However, you can flash stock firmware on your device to upgrade or downgrade Oppo F5 Youth.
- No Custom ROM Virus: While you have installed the Custom ROM, there are chances that the developer of that Custom ROM has injected some harmful malware or virus into it. This does not really cause a lot of damage to your device but you may end up in your private information stolen. You can also come across annoying irrelevant and constant ads. However, with the Stock ROM on your device you do not have to face such issues any more.
- Keep the Warranty: Rooting is considered to be a threat to the warranty terms and conditions of the SmartF5 Youth by most of the manufacturers all around the globe. At times, if the manufacturer of your device cancels the warranty of your device, it is preferable to have stock ROM on your device since it does not void the warranty by any means.
- Custom ROM Lagging issues solved: One of the major issues that users face a lot in Custom ROM is the lagging problem. Due to some sort of dysfunction, the Custom ROM turns out to be unsupported to your device and hence the Oppo F5 Youth lags often. But when you flash your device, you can get rid of this problem.
- Others: You can Unroot your Oppo F5 Youth using the Oppo the Stock ROM. You can also make use of Stock ROM firmware flash file on your Oppo F5 Youth in case you already had installed Custom ROM and it was causing lagging issues on your device. You can solve a number of software problems by flashing the stock firmware on your device.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
Since Stock ROM is an end product of a number of a number of research, study and experiments, there comes a good amount of advantage of the Stock firmware. Some of them are as below:
- The stock ROM firmware is usually stable upon its release.
- The updates are pushed by itself to the device by the carrier.
- Nearly all the bugs are patched at the time of extensive beta testing before release.
- The Stock ROM carries the official support by the firmware vendor device manufacturer and the mobile service carrier.
Disadvantages of Stock ROM:
As everything has its own advantages, there come disadvantages as well. Here are some you should have a look at:
- The updates are not as frequent as the development is done most of the times by corporations who have to follow a scheduled release cycle. Also, the Updates are mostly released first in the United States and then in the rest of the World.
- The official help process may seem to be quite hassle oriented and time consuming.
- You cannot send any sort of feedback to the manufacturer if you come across any issues or want some help in the process.
- When the manufacturers decide to not release official updates for their older device in the favor of new ones, their users get stuck with the old operating system version. This happens with most of the Andriod device users.
- In case the device manufacturer and the developer of the Android operating system are different, then any of the updates released by the developer of operating system has to be edited by the device manufacturer or mobile carrier for adding compatibility and additional software before the release. And this results in delayed update which get delayed by months.
- A number of Operating system developers, device manufacturers or mobile service carriers put limitations in the stock firmware ranging from locking the use of the device with one network or region to disabling the side loading of apps not available in the official app market, to advanced restrictions that remove any chance to get root access.
This was all about flashing the stock firmware on your Oppo F5 Youth. For more such articles, keep visiting our Page- Android Jungles. Or you can also subscribe to our Newsletter so as to receive timely notifications of our posts and not miss on any update of the technology world.
I hope you guys have found our article on Installing Oppo Stock ROM Firmware flash file fruitful. If you have any queries on the processes mentioned above or think that we might have missed something, you can let us know in the comment section below. We will be glad to help you.