Download and install firmware file for Huawei Honor 8: In cases when you have rooted your device or installed Custom ROMs on it, later on you realize that your phone was better off without the rooting and other stuff. Or else, a common problem most of us face is that we root our phone and then if we get an update of the device, we wish to go back to what the phone was when came from the manufacturer.
There are certain cases where you need to stock the firmware of your device the most. Yes, the phone bricked case! This nightmare if came true, can lead you in no time to flash your device. When your phone is bricked, it will not respond to any senses and will also not boot properly or may even get stuck in the bootloop. Problems like this can be very annoying.
At times like this, you can make use of a special sets of files called the Stock firmware flash files that help you with going back to your device settings as it came to you at the first place. And that is what’s going to be our topic for today.
In this article, we have mentioned for you the download files and method to install the firmware file. We have also provided for you a step by step guide on how to flash your device using the flashing firmware file. Keep reading further for more.
What is ROM?
ROM is the abbreviation used for Read Only Memory. It is an operating system software that is responsible to run your Android device. It is a part of the hardware on your android smartphone or tablet. Android comes as two forms in ROM: 1. Stock ROM and 2. Custom ROM.
What is Stock Firmware file?
A Stock Firmware file is an official software designed by the manufacturer for a specific device. Firmware is a programming which is written to a non volatile memory of a hardware device.It is added at the time of manufacturing.
In simpler words, it can be called a software that allows the hardware to run. A Stock Firmware file is the operating system in its default form, without any modifications made to it except for any device particular support needed to run it on that specific device. This firmware provides a standard user experience of the OS without any functional changes made to it.
Stock firmware are mostly chosen over the Custom firmware since they undergo a number of testing phases and ensure the user better security, bug free package and stability as well before deployment or release.
About Huawei Honor 8:
- The Huawei Honor 8 comes with a 5.2 inch display screen and a resolution power of 1080 x 1920.
- You get a 8 MB front and a 12/12 MB rear screen.
- There comes a 3000 mAh battery which is Non-removable.
- The phone consists of an internal memory of 32/64 GB coupled with a RAM of 4 GB.
- This device runs on HiSilicon Kirin 950 Chipset.
Download Huawei Honor 8 Stock Firmware Flash File:
DOWNLOAD HAWEI PHONE STOCK FIRMWARE FLASH FILE
Note: Do make sure that you have taken a back up of all the personal data on your Huawei Honor 8 since this process may cause a data loss at times. It would be better to take a precaution. Your personal data will be deleted after flashing the stock firmware.
Pre- Requisite to install the Stock Firmware flash file on your Huawei Honor 8:
- This guide is only for Huawei device. Follow this guide with utmost attention since there are chance you may end up bricking your phone if you make a mistake.
- Micro SD Card.
- Make sure you take a Back up of your device data.
- Install the Huawei USB Drivers.
- Charge your device fully. Check to have at least 70% of the charging on your Huawei Honor 8 or it may cause hindrance at the time of flashing process.
How Flash Stock Firmware file on your Huawei Honor 8:
Before getting into the actual process of installing theHuawei Honor 8 Stock Firmware Flash File on your PC do note that this method works on almost every Huawei device. And you should perform this process with utmost care since there are chances you may end up with your device bricked if you make some mistake.
Here is how you can flash the Huawei Honor 8 with the Huawei Honor 8 Stock Firmware Flash File:
Step 1: To begin with the flashing process of your Huawei Honor 8, create a new folder on your Micro SD Card and name it as dload.
Step 2: Now Download and Extract the Huawei Stock Firmware on your Windows Computer. Once you have extracted this file, you will be able to see the files:
Step 3: You will now have to copy the UPDATE.APP file and then paste it in the dload folder on your Micro SD Card, you created in the step 1.
Step 4: Now switch your Huawei Honor 8 off.
Step 5: Then you will have to boot your Huawei Honor 8 into the fastboot mode. To boot into the download mode, Press and hold down Power + Volume Up+ Volume Down button for about 6-8 seconds, until the update process starts by itself.
Step 6: This will take for about 5-10 minutes to get done with.
Step 7: When the flashing process gets done with, your device will reboot by itself and will be ready to use.
And you have successfully flashed the stock firmware on your Huawei Honor 8.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
- No Virus issues: While you have installed the Custom ROM, there are chances that the developer of that Custom ROM has injected some harmful malware or virus into it. This does not really cause a lot of damage to your device but you may end up in your private information stolen. You can also come across annoying irrelevant and constant ads. However, with the Stock ROM on your device you do not have to face such issues any more.
- Ensured Warranty: Rooting is considered to be a threat to the warranty terms and conditions of the Smartphone by most of the manufacturers all around the globe. At times, if the manufacturer of your device cancels the warranty of your device, it is preferable to have stock ROM on your device since it does not void the warranty by any means.
- Custom ROM Lagging issues solved: One of the major issues that users face a lot in Custom ROM is the lagging problem. Due to some sort of dysfunction, the Custom ROM turns out to be unsupported to your device and hence the Huawei Honor 8 lags often. But when you flash your device, you can get rid of this problem.
- Upgrade or Downgrade Huawei Honor 8: When you have rooted your device, you do not get to update it and this may turn annoying. However, you can flash stock firmware on your device to upgrade or downgrade Huawei Honor 8.
- Others: You can Unroot your Huawei Honor 8 using the Huawei the Stock ROM. You can also make use of Stock ROM firmware flash file on your Huawei Honor 8 in case you already had installed Custom ROM and it was causing lagging issues on your device. You can solve a number of software problems by flashing the stock firmware on your device.
The Advantages of Stock ROM:
Since Stock ROM is an end product of a number of a number of research, study and experiments, there comes a good amount of advantage of the Stock firmware. Some of them are as below:
- The stock ROM firmware is usually stable upon its release.
- The updates are pushed by itself to the device by the carrier.
- Nearly all the bugs are patched at the time of extensive beta testing before release.
- The Stock ROM carries the official support by the firmware vendor device manufacturer and the mobile service carrier.
The Disadvantages of Stock ROM:
As everything has its own advantages, there come disadvantages as well. Here are some you should have a look at:
- The updates are not as frequent as the development is done most of the times by corporations who have to follow a scheduled release cycle. Also, the Updates are mostly released first in the United States and then in the rest of the World.
- The official help process may seem to be quite hassle oriented and time consuming.
- You cannot send any sort of feedback to the manufacturer if you come across any issues or want some help in the process.
- When the manufacturers decide to not release official updates for their older device in the favor of new ones, their users get stuck with the old operating system version. This happens with most of the Andriod device users.
- In case the device manufacturer and the developer of the Android operating system are different, then any of the updates released by the developer of operating system has to be edited by the device manufacturer or mobile carrier for adding compatibility and additional software before the release. And this results in delayed update which get delayed by months.
- A number of Operating system developers, device manufacturers or mobile service carriers put limitations in the stock firmware ranging from locking the use of the device with one network or region to disabling the side loading of apps not available in the official app market, to advanced restrictions that remove any chance to get root access.
I hope you guys have found our article on Installing Huawei Stock ROM Firmware flash file fruitful. If you have any queries on the processes mentioned above or think that we might have missed something, you can let us know in the comment section below. We will be glad to help you.
This was all about flashing the stock firmware on your Huawei Honor 8. For more such articles, keep visiting our Page- Android Jungles. Or you can also subscribe to our Newsletter so as to receive timely notifications of our posts and not miss on any update of the technology world.