How to Use Smartphone as Webcam: Gone are the days where you can have the face to face conversations with clients, colleagues, and employers. Nowadays, more than 50% of the people are working from home. Whether you are a software employee working for an MNC or you are a primary school teacher who take online classes for students, you will now need a good webcam to do so.
Most of the current generation laptops come with a mediocre webcams, some of them don’t even come with a webcam. For example, the recently launched Mi Notebook 14 series. So just because you do not have a good webcam you cannot change the laptop itself. Now, that is where you can buy yourselves a plug-and-play webcam from Amazon or you can use your smartphone as a webcam.
Yes, you read it right. There are a few w0rkarounds to use smartphone as webcam, but in this post, we are going to guide you the best and easiest way possible. Without wasting any more time, let us quickly get started with How to Use Smartphone as Webcam, shall we? For this method, we are going to use an application service dubbed Iriun.
How to Use Smartphone as Webcam with Iriun
- On your computer, open any browser. Now, click on this link: https://iriun.com/
- This will take you to the Iriun’s website. Now, you will be greeted with three options out of which you will have to select and Click Webcam for Windows button.
- Now, the download will automatically begin and once downloaded, navigate to the Downloads folder on your computer and run the application.
- This is a setup file for the software, so in order to make it work, you will have to follow the on-screen instructions carefully and install the application.
- Once installed, click on finish and this will start the server.
- On your phone, open the Play Store and search for Iriun.
- Click on the first link and install it. Once downloaded open the application and you are good to go.
Do note that both your PC and phone should be connected to the same network. You can further configure the layouts and orientations on your computer and on mobile application too.
That is it for this guide. If this guide helped you with the steps of How to Use Smartphone as Webcam, do consider sharing this post with your friends and family and make their workflow better. We at Android Jungles follow an ideology to share tech and gaming tips like this every day. So make sure you bookmark us and stay tuned. Now that you have done that, it is time for me to bid you adieu. Until next time, stay techy!
Android Jungles’ Editor Tarun Tej is a Bangalore-based writer and journalist whose work has appeared in True-Tech, DroidJournal, DroidViews, and various other online publications. An avid photographer, music-lover, and film-buff. He finds ultimate joy when writing about the latest tech and geek stuff. His interests are ranging from anything to do with mobiles, cameras, and any gadget for that matter.