How to Unroot Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro
If you are here looking for unroot Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro Guide, it is sure you have rooted it already and gifted yourself the advantage of absolute authority on your device. But now want your phone to get back to normal, how it was produced at the first place? I might say, you have dropped up at the right place. Here, in this article, we have mentioned for you Five different ways by which you can unroot your rooted Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro.
Rooting your Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro can give you a lot more control over it, but it also will gradually void the warranty of your device and make repairs a hassle. Luckily, you can quickly unroot most devices with a few simple steps. Things are a little trickier for some, but with the right tools, it will still only take a few minutes. So without further ado, let’s see how you can unroot your Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro with five different methods.
What is Unrooting?
- 0.1 What is Unrooting?
- 0.2 What are the advantages of Unrooting?
- 0.3 What are the disadvantages of Unrooting?
- 1 How to Unroot Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro?
- 2 Method 1: Unroot Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro with Kingroot
- 3 Method 2: Unroot Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro Via PC
- 4 Method 3: Unroot by using a file manager
- 5 Method 4: Unroot Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro with SuperSU
- 6 Method 5: Unroot by installing an OTA update
Unrooting is the exact opposite process of rooting in which you unroot your phone and return it to stock. This process gives your warranty back, which otherwise gets void after your rooted your android mobile.
What are the advantages of Unrooting?
If you know the advantages of rooting a device, knowing the advantages of unrooting will not really astound you. Since the only significant advantage of unrooting your Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro is to get the phone warranty back.
When you root your device, you get a number of features with it, you get the ability to customize your device the way you want. With the same, you void the warranty of your phone in the process. However, by unrooting your device and losing all those features again, you also get the warranty of your device back.
What are the disadvantages of Unrooting?
By unrooting your Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro, you also vanish all those additional features and authorities you get by rooting. Besides getting the warranty of your device back, you do not get your hands on any such advantage. But if you are used to using rooted phones then unrooting it may affect your daily experience negatively.
How to Unroot Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro?
Before getting into the actual process of unrooting Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro, Let us first see what you need to do as requirements for this purpose.
- Make sure you have a good Wi-Fi or network connectivity.
- Remember to charge your phone fully.
Also Read:- Unlock Bootloader on Android Devices
Method 1: Unroot Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro with Kingroot
This method of unrooting your Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro requires KingRoot App on your device and just one click after that.
- Step 1. download the KingRoot App on your Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro From the Link Given Below.
- Step 2. Once the app is downloaded, open it and click on Unroot Your Phone option in the app.
- Step 3. The process of unrooting will now be initiated. Make sure you do not cause any disturbance in it. And the process will soon be completed.
You now have your unrooted Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro with just one click.
In case you failed this method, try another one from the two mentioned here.
Method 2: Unroot Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro Via PC
This method will require you to download and install the KingoRoot App on your Computer or Laptop.
- Step 1. Download and install the KingoRoot Application on your PC or Computer.
- Step 2. Once the installation is completed, attach your Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro to your PC via USB Cables.
- Step 3. Open the KingoRoot Application and click on the “Unroot” or “Remove Root” Option.
That’s it! You are done unrooting your Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro with the help of PC.
Method 3: Unroot by using a file manager
Root access might seem like a complicated set-up, but it’s really nothing but a bunch of files on your phone. Get rid of them and root will also go away. To do this, you will need a file manager with root access.
- Step 1. Get access to the main drive of your device and search for “system”. Select it, and then tap on “bin”. From there, delete “busybox” and “su”. Generally, these might not be there. If that is the case, then you can move on to the next step.
- Step 2. Go back to the system folder and select “xbin”. If the files are there, go ahead and delete both “busybox” and “su”.
- Step 3. Then Go back to the system folder and select “app”.
- Step 4. Now Delete “superuser,apk”.
- Step 5. Restart the device and it will all be done.
Method 4: Unroot Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro with SuperSU
As we all are aware of this, SuperSU is one of the most popular tools for managing the rooted devices. One of its many features is the ability to unroot a device. And this is what we will be taking from the app today. However, This method implies for all those who have rooted their Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro with the help of SuperSU Zip File. This is by far the easiest method to unroot your device. All it requires is two clicks!
- Step 1. Firstly, Launch your SuperSU App and go to the settings.
- Step 2. Go to the bottom and tap on “Full Unroot” Option.
- Step 3. And you are done here! You have successfully unrooted Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro via Super SU App.
Method 5: Unroot by installing an OTA update
The trick here of this method is that software updates tend to break root access. Most users have to root again, but if you don’t want root it is easy to simply install your next update. The obvious downside is that you do have to wait for an update to arrive. And before that, you will have to uninstall Super Su and any other root-related apps. Do keep in mind that this will only work when using the stock recovery on your device.
Do not Miss: How to Fix Android Phones Issues.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is a process allowing users of Smartphone’s, tablets, and other devices running the Android operating system to attain privileged control also called as root access, within Android’s subsystem. Rooting is generally performed to overcome the limitations that hardware manufacturers of Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro put on some devices.
If your android mobile is rooted that means you are super users on your android cell phone and you got an ability to customize or replace system application and setting the way you want to do. Rooting provides you the power to run specialized apps that require administrator-level permissions and perform another operation which is inaccessible to a normal android.
Must Check: How to Root Android Phone
That was it for unrooting Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro! Hope you guys found the article useful in unrooting your Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro. If you come across any difficulties or are stuck on any of the steps, you can let us know in the comment section below. We will be glad to help you. Keep visiting our page for more such articles or you can also Subscribe to our newsletter for more such tech related posts and their timely notifications.