How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 10: When someone says Xiaomi, you might first think of the Redmi series of smartphones. Whether it could be the K20 Pro, Redmi Note 9 Pro, or any other mid-range Redmi device for that matter. Xiaomi is now trying to shed its budget intention, meaning they now wanted to be seen as a premium player in the market and they propelled out their flagship Mi 10 for the same reason.
Also Read: Download Google Camera 7.4 for Xiaomi Mi 10
Mi 10 does have a few features that make it stand out from the crowd. For starters, we are talking about the 108 MP camera here. Not just that Xiaomi has rocked in some serious hardware too.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Specifications
Xiaomi Mi 10 boasts a 6.67 inch IPS LCD display with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. The resolution of this display is 1080 x 2300 pixels and the pixel density of this panel is about 386 PPI. Underneath the hood, as mentioned earlier, the device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset which is coupled with 8 GB or 12 GB of RAM.
As far as the internal storage is concerned the device is made available in two storage variants which include 256 GB, 128 GB. Adreno 650 handles the graphic duties here. As for gaming, the device is no lesser to any of the flagship devices running on Snapdragon 865 SoC.
As one would expect, Xiaomi did not cut any corners in regards to the cameras. To be honest that is where Xiaomi Mi 10 shines. The primary sensor is a 108 MP sensor with an F/1.7 aperture. The secondary is an 13 MP ultra-wide sensor with f/2.4 aperture. It is not worth discussing the other two sensors.
The device runs MIUI 11 which is built on top of Android 10. MIUI is one of the feature-rich user interfaces which comes with a bundle of features but a bit laggy at times. Now, this is where custom ROMs come into the play. But for that, you will need to unlock the bootloader and have the TWRP recovery. Now, in this post, we are going to discuss how to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 10.
What is Bootloader?
In general, Bootloader is a code that exists in every OS in order to start or run any device. A bootloader is generally a set of instructions package to launch the OS after the device is turned on. Take any gadget which runs any operating system, it will have a bootloader. Android is an open-source operating system developed and maintained by Google, but every manufacturer out there has a bootloader of their own.
As you would already know, bootloaders usually come locked. If you plan on flashing a custom mod, ROM, or any custom file for that matter, then you will have to unlock the bootloader. So, just like any Android device, Xiaomi Mi 10 also comes with a locked bootloader. In order to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 10, you will have to follow the below-mentioned steps!
Pre-Requisites to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 10
- The first step in unlocking the bootloader of any device includes installing the USB Drivers on your Windows, Mac, Linux devices.
- Before you start, make sure that the Xiaomi Mi 10 is charged at least 70%.
- Next up, Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers and tools on your Windows, Mac, Linux running PC’s
- Download and Install Mi Unlock Tool on your PC.
- Make sure that you backed up all your data as bootloader unlocking will wipe everything on your device.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 10
- On your Xiaomi Mi 10, enter settings then navigate to About Phone and tap on the MIUI version 7 times.
- Go back to the home page of settings and open Additional settings.
- Here you will find the Developer options, click and select on it to open. Here you will have to enable USB Debugging and Enable OEM unlock.
- Now enter Mi Unlock Status and add your Mi account to your device and you will see Mi account is associated with your device.
- Once done, open the ADB folder on your computer and connect your device to PC.
- Here you will have to type ADB Devices, now it will show the list of devices connected. Now type ADB Reboot bootloader
- Now enable the pop-up on your phone’s screen and you will enter fastboot mode on your phone. The Mi Bunny will appear by which you can confirm that you have entered bootloader or fastboot mode.
- Open Mi Unlock Tool and login with the same Mi Account credentials.
- Click on Unlock Now. It might show you wait for 72 hours or more to unlock. Xiaomi has some weird unlock policies which are common with all their devices.
- Repeat the same steps again, and that is all. You have successfully completed the process of unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 10
That is it! You have successfully did unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 10. If this article helped you to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 10, show us some love by sharing this post with the device users who might require a guide. Now that you have done that, it is time for me to bid you adieu. Until next time, Stay Techy
Android Jungles’ Editor Tarun Tej is a Bangalore-based writer and journalist whose work has appeared in True-Tech, DroidJournal, DroidViews, and various other online publications. An avid photographer, music-lover, and film-buff. He finds ultimate joy when writing about the latest tech and geek stuff. His interests are ranging from anything to do with mobiles, cameras, and any gadget for that matter.