How to Uninstall DirectX 11: Direct X is an application that comes pre-loaded with all versions of Windows. DirectX is an application program interface (API) that can level-up the performance of audio and video of a computer. As a matter of fact, all the latest audio and video cards manufactured are DirectX compliant.
Operating Systems that Include DirectX
- Windows 95
- Windows 98
- Microsoft Windows ME
- All versions of Windows 2000
- All version of Windows XP
- A Few Versions of Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- All Versions of Windows 10
Role of DirectX on a Windows Computer
Almost all the games which are made for Windows OS use the DirectX module to program their high-end multimedia. Now, that means, all the games use the DirectX Software Development Kit (SDK) to program the multimedia features of the games. They bundle the DirectX software with a game to use the full potential of the graphics, as mentioned earlier.
How to Find the version of DirectX on your Computer
Windows provides a tool called Dxdiag.exe to help you find out the version of DirectX on your computer. This tool is also referred to as a diagnostic tool as it can not only find the version of DirectX but also can find out the problems with audio or video driver. To find out the version of your DirectX, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Click on Start or press the Windows-key on your keyboard.
- Click on Run
- In the run search box type Dxdiag and then click on OK
With this out of the way, let us get into the process of How to Uninstall DirectX 11 easily.
How to Uninstall DirectX 11
- Click on Start and right-click on the Computer and now select Properties.
Now the System Properties window opens up
- Now, click on System Protection in the left panel on the System Properties window.
- Click C: Drive under Protection settings and click on Configure
- Choose Turn Off System Protection and then click on OK
This will now prevent Windows from reinstalling DirectX automatically.
- Click Start and now type regedit into the Search box and press Enter.
Now, the Registry Editor opens.
- Click on the Arrow, next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in the left panel of the Registry Editor.
Now a list of folders open up.
- Now, click on the arrow next to the Software folder in the left panel of Registry Editor.
A new list of folders appear
- Now, click on the arrow next to the Microsoft folder in the left panel of Registry Editor.
A list of folders appear
- Now, right-click on the DirectX folder and select Delete
- Close the Registry Editor and restart your computer.
Now, this is our take on How to Uninstall DirectX 11. We at Android Jungles strive to bring you the gaming fixes and tips like this every day. So make sure to follow us on Google News and Twitter, to get notified whenever a post goes live. For more posts like this stay tuned with us. Until next time, stay techy