How to uninstall Bloatware on Android without Root: Well, we are in the mid of 2020 and a lot of smartphones are releasing every month. Whether it is a cheap Chinese rebrand smartphone or it is a flagship Android device from a top-tier brand, it comes with bloatware as far as it is Android. Sometimes manufacturers will ship the devices with the bloatware which we can uninstall easily, but that’s not the problem. The problem is with phones that ship with bloat that cannot be uninstalled.
Now, you might think – Why do manufacturers add in the bloatware even when people are complaining? Well, the answer here is simple. Money! Manufacturers will get paid a certain amount from the application maintainers or owners we could say for each application. While no one wants their phone to boot up with bloat, but sometimes manufacturers do not care.
Currently, in the smartphone world, the bloat volume is being reduced gradually. But back when Micromax and other Chinese rebranders were ruling the mid-range market, all we can see on a newly booted phone is bloat. But then again, the bloat situation now isn’t any better. Except for a few manufacturers, all of them are still shipping with undetectable bloat.
By this time now, most of you would already know that you can uninstall bloatware on your phone with a few simple steps if your phone is rooted. If your phone is not rooted, then do not worry. That is where we come in. In this post, we are going to cover how to uninstall bloatware on Android without root.
Uninstall Bloatware on Android without Root
Also Read: How to Fix: Steam Running Slow issue
Well, as mentioned earlier, you can easily root your device and uninstall the bloatware in just a few simple steps. But if you feel insecure about unlocking the bootloader and rooting, well, I don’t blame you for that! But the process of uninstalling the bloatware on Android without root ain’t any easy process I could say. For starters, you will need to have a working PC with Platform tools installed.
1. First you will require the application ID of the app you are planning to uninstall. For example, if you are planning to uninstall Dailyhunt application which came with the device. You will have to open Play Store on your PC and search for the application you would like to uninstall. In my case, I will search for Dailyhunt.
2. Here you can check the link (red circled area). For every application on the Play Store, you will defintely have this link. You will need to copy or take a note of the application id, which in my case is com.eterno. To make the things even clear, you will need to copy everything which is written after (id=).
3. Now, on your phone navigate to settings. Select about phone and tap on the build number for up to 7 times. If you are using MIUI, you should tap on MIUI version under About Device page.
4. Once done, open developer options which you have enabled, and enable USB Debugging.
5. Connect your phone to PC, open platform tools folder and hold shift and give a right mouse click. Now, you can either select Open Windows PowerShell here or Open Command Prompt here. Alternatively, you can type cmd on hit the Enter key.
6. Now type adb devices, and allow permission on your device.
7. Once your device is connected, you can type adb shell
pm uninstall –user 0 package name (EXAMPLE)
In my case its com.eterno, so I will type…
pm uninstall –user 0 com.eterno
YOU WILL HAVE TO REPLACE PACKAGE NAME WITH YOUR APPLICATION ID COPIED FROM PLAY STORE
Once done, you will be greeted with a sucess message. Now, this is uninstall Bloatware on Android without Root. If this post helped you to uninstall bloatware without root, please show us some love by sharing this article with your friends and family. For more posts like this stay tuned with us. Until next time, Stay Techy!