How to Root Realme X3 SuperZoom with Magisk: Chinese Smartphone maker Realme has recently unveiled two new devices in its Realme X-lineup here in India. The two new smartphones are dubbed Realme X3 and Realme X3 SuperZoom. Except for optics, RAM, and storage configuration both of the aforementioned devices are the same with a similar design, specification, and features.
Both devices are powered by last year’s Snapdragon 855+ SoC. As the name itself suggests, the main difference here is with the cameras. Leaving the Realme X3 vanilla story behind, let us talk about the Realme X3 SuperZoom, and in this post, let us discuss how to root Realme X3 SuperZoom with Magik.
Realme X3 SuperZoom Specifications
Realme X3 SuperZoom boasts a 6.6-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The aspect ratio of this display is 20:9 and the screen to body ratio is 84.7%. The pixel density here is 399 PPI and the display comes with a whopping 120 Hz.
Underneath the hood, the device is grounded on last year’s Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ SoC coupled with 8 GB or 12 GB of UFS 3.0 RAM. Adreno 640 handles the graphic duties here, the device is no lesser when compared to any other premium flagship’s in the current market. As for the optics, the device comes with a 64 MP primary sensor coupled with an 8 MP telephoto sensor and 8 MP ultra-wide sensor. There is also a 2 MP macro-sensor.
The device runs Android 10 out of the box with Realme UI skin on top. Realme UI is a feature-rich UI with a lot of features. The fingerprint sensor is side-mounted and comes with a 4200 mAh battery.
How to Root Realme X3 SuperZoom with Magisk
Before we start do note that you should unlock the bootloader on your Realme X3 SuperZoom. We at Android Jungles did an in-depth coverage guide that you can use to unlock the bootloader of Realme X3 SuperZoom. Now that you have done that, let us get started with the process of unlocking the bootloader.
- Download Magisk Manager
- Once done, download the latest OTA ZIP here!
- While the ZIP file is downloading, download the OZIP extractor and repository and then unzip it.
- Now, to run this successfully you will need Python 3 installed. You can download and install Python from Windows Store on your PC.
- In the extracted folder, open CMD or Powershell depending on your preference.
- Use pip to install docopt module: “pip3 install decopt”
- Once the OZIP is downloaded move it to the same folder as the extractor program.
- On CMD or Powershell run this command “puthon3 ozipdecrypt.py NAME_OF_OZIP_FILE”
- Once done, we need two files from the extracted location. The files are vbmeta.img and boot.img.
- Extract the aforementioned files and then copy boot.img file to your device.
- Now, open Magisk and choose the “Install” option next to the status and create a file named magisk_patched.img in your download folder.
- Copy magisk_patched.img back to your computer.
- In CMD type, “ADB reboot bootloader”.
- Now, before you flash the patched image, you need to disable image verification which will not allow you to flash unknown files.
- Now at this point, you will need vmbeta.img.
- Run fastboot flash “vbmeta vbmeta.img –disable-verity–disable-verification”
- Now type fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img and this will flash rooted boot image on your device.
- Here enter command fastboot reboot and your phone with boot back to the system.
- You have now successfully rooted Realme X3 SuperZoom.
That is how to Root Realme X3 SuperZoom using Magisk. If this post helped you to Root Realme X3 SuperZoom using Magisk, show us some love by sharing this article with your friends and family to whom this post can be useful. Now that you have done that, it is time for me to bid you adieu. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us! Until next time, Stay Techy!