In this article, we are sharing with you all How to Root Asus ROG Phone 3 and Unlock Bootloader on Asus ROG Phone 3.
Last week, Asus introduced its latest Asus Rog 3 Phone with 144 Hz display refresh rate and Snapdragon 865 Plus which is by far the most powerful chipset for Gaming smartphones. With Asus Rog 3, Qualcomm had also announced this powerful chipset for Download Lenovo Legion Duel.
I’m sure most of our smart android geeks would want to get their hands on the amazing Aus rog 3 and wish to get the admin level control of the same by rooting it. You can also change the screen Refresh rate of this amazing gaming phone by rooting it.
So to help y’all out, here is a complete guide on how you can Unlock Bootloader and root Asus ROG 3 Phone.
Dont miss – How to enable 160 Hz Refresh Rate on Asus ROG 3
Disclaimer – Rooting indeed is an amazing thing to do to your Android device as it gives you the full control of your device. However, it also comes with some drawbacks like Void of the warranty of your device. The below article is only for Knowledge purpose. Perform it at your own peril.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Asus ROG Phone 3?
To unlock bootlaoder on Asus device, all you need is to download Asus Unlock App. And perform a few steps on it.
Note – Unlocking Bootloader on Asus Rog 3 phone will erase all the data on your device. So make sure to take a complete backup of your device data before you proceed further.
- Now go to Asus Rog Phone Support Page.
- On this page, go to Drivers and Tools section.
- Now go to – Select OS drop-down option and choose Android.
- This page will show you all the essential Utility files including the Asus Unlock Apk.
- Here, download Unlock Device App.
- Now move this Apk file to your Asus device. And install it just like any other Apk.
- On your Asus Rog 3, Navigate to Settings > About Phone and tap 7-8 times on Build Number so as to turn on developer options.
- Now go back to Settings > Developer Options and enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging on Asus Rog 3.
- Now go to Asus Unlock App.
- Give it all the required permission and agree to the terms.
- On the interface of this app, you will see the option to Unlock Bootloader. simply tap on it.
- Soon Asus Rog 3 Bootloader will be unlocked. Once that is done, you are all set to root Asus Rog 3 using the below short guide.
How to Root Asus ROG Phone 3?
Before rooting Asus Rog 3, here are some requirements you will need to follow first for expected results.
Prerequisites to root Asus Rog 3
- Take a full backup of phone’s data (To restore if you lose data)
- Unlock Bootloader of ROG Phone 3 with the help of above guide.
- Have at least 60% battery charging on your Asus device.
- Download Magisk 20.3 HotFix zip and Magisk Manager 7.5.1 APK
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your Pc
- Download Asus ROG Phone 3 firmware.
Assuming you have unlocked Bootloader on Rog 3 and followed all the other requirements, you can now root it with the below easy steps –
Root Asus Rog 3 using Magisk
- To begin with, Extract boot image file from the Asus ROG Phone 3 firmware. Copy this file to the phone storage.
- On Your device, Open Magisk Manager app.
- In the app interface, tap on Install> Install.
- On the next page that appears, tap on ‘Select and Patch a File’ and choose the boot.img file from the phone storage that you copied in the first step.
- The patching of this file will now start and it will be saved to the Downloads folder.
- Now copy this pacthed image to your PC and rename it as boot.img
- On your PC, go the location where you moved this file and click on the address bar and enter cmd.
- This will open the command prompt.
- boot Rog Phone 3 into Download Mode.
- Connect your Rog 3 to the PC.
- Enter the below command in the cmd so as to boot the patched image –
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Once you install Magisk, reboot it to system.
And there is your rooted Asus Rog 3 phone! Now you are all free to experiment as much as you want on your rooted gaming smartphone.
I hope you have successfully rooted Asus ROG Phone 3. In case you are stuck at any of the above steps, feel free to ask us in the comment section below. We will get back to you soon!
Also see –
- Download Google Camera 7.4 for Asus ROG Phone 3
- Android 10 OTA Update Download for Asus Zenfone 6/6z
- Asus Zenfone 6 Stock Wallpapers Download High Resolution
- How to Root ASUS Zenfone 6 (ASUS 6z) (Using Magisk)
- Asus Flash Tool Download For All Asus Devices ( Official Website)