Are you an LG V30/ V30+/ V30S user? If yes, then here is an article that you might want to have a look at. The article here consists of the methods to install Android Pie Update on LG V30/ V30+/ V30S. For the TWRP installed devices, users can use TWRP-Flashable ZIP and for the devices running stock unrooted firmware, KDZ Zip can be used.
LG has been striving hard to compete with the newly arrived yet stronger OEMs like OnePlus, Xiaomi, Oppo, etc. And as one such step of survival, LG opened its Global Software Update Center through which the LG users could get a quicker roll-out of updates. However, the OEM lacked pace with the Android Pie update. for its devices.
Though being late, the OEM has finally managed to roll out the Android P update for its LG V30 Devices – LG V30, LG V30+, LG V30S. This OTA, just like any other, is being released in patches and hence may take some time to get to you. However, nothing to worry as you can still manually download the Android P Update for LG V30 by using the methods given in this article. So here we go –
Download LG V30 Android Pie firmware
- Download LG V30 Android Pie firmware
- Install Android Pie Update on LG V30, V30+ and V30S
- What’s new in Android Pie for LG V30, V30+, V30S?
Given below are the download links for the TWRP-Flashable Zip used for the 1st method and the KDZ Firmware links that you can use for the second method. You can download any of the following depending upon the method you want to use for installing Android Pie update on LG V30, V30+ & V30S.
Unlocking the bootloader of a device running in the Android Pie is not possible currently. However, if you are willing to install TWRP and root the LG V30 devices, you can begin with unlocking the bootloader on Oreo. That is before following the below guide and upgrading your LG V30 to the Android Pie.
In case the bootloader of your device is unlocked already then nothing to worry as it will still be the same even after installing Android Pie update on LG V30 devices.
Filename – TWRP-H930_30b_ARB00_OPEN_EU_OP_0704_(V3).zip
Filename – H93030b_00_OPEN_EU_OP_0704.kdz
Google Drive (Mirror)
Prerequisite to install Android Pie Update on LG V30, V30+, V30S
- Make sure to have a complete back up of your device data since the following method will wipe out the entire phone data and even perform a factory reset.
- Make sure to have your device charged more than half of the battery so as to avoid sudden blackout of the device.
- Download and install the latest LG USB Drivers on your PC.
- Install the patches LGUP Tool on your PC. Follow the steps below with support for developer mode on PC –
- Download the ‘LGUP_DualMode.zip‘ file on PC.
- Then extract the zip file to a suitable location.
- Now run the ‘LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.msi’ executable file and install LGUP tool on your PC.
- When installed, navigate to the extracted folder and right-click on ‘SetDev.bat’ file.
- Choose ‘Run as administrator’ for setting the LGUP tool to Developer Mode.
- When the LGUP Tool launch comes in picture in the below steps, simply launch it with the help of desktop shortcut.
Install Android Pie Update on LG V30, V30+ and V30S
Given below are two different methods to install Android Pie update on LG V30. LG V30+ and LG V30S. You can follow any one of the below methods so as to flash Android Pie on the LG V30 series depending upon the situation of your device.
If your device has TWRP installed, then use the TWRP-flashable Zip method and if your device is running stock unrooted firmware then follow the KDZ Firmware method.
Flash Android Pie TWRP-Flashable Zip
- To begin with, download the Android Pie TWRP-Flashable ZIP (mentioned in the downloads) and the Magisk Zip along with the AK3_RCTD_Remover.zip on your PC.
- Now connect your device to the PC so as to move all the files you downloaded to the storage of your phone.
- Boot the LG V30 device into TWRP Recovery Mode.
- In TWRP, navigate to the ‘Wipe‘ menu and swipe the ‘Swipe to Factory Reset’ toggle. This will perform a factory reset of your device.
- Now go back to the main screen of TWRP and click on the Install option.
- Go to the internal storage of your device and choose the Android Pie TWRP-Flashable File.
- After choosing that, click on the ‘Add more Zips‘ option.
- By clicking on that option, add the ‘Magisk-v19.3.zip‘ and ‘AK3_RCTD_Remover.zip‘ files to the flashing queue.
- Now flash all the files simply by swiping the ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash‘ toggle.
- While the flashing process is happening, go to the Wipe menu and click on the Format Data option and then hit the Yes button.
- By doing this, all the data stored on your device will be formatted this also includes the internal storage of the device.
- Now visit the Reboot menu and choose the option of ‘Recovery‘ so as to reboot your LG V30 back into TWRP recovery mode.
- Then navigate to the ‘Mount‘ menu in TWRP and click on the ‘Enable MTP‘ option.
- Now connect your device to the PC with the help of USB cable.
- Move the Magisk installer zip file to the storage of your device.
- Once the file has been moved, navigate to the ‘Install’ menu and flash it.
- Lastly, Click the ‘Reboot System’ option.
Flash Android Pie KDZ firmware with LGUP Tool
- To begin with, download Android Pie KDZ File for the LG V30 Lineup device you are using, on your PC.
- Switch off your LG V30 device.
- Press and hold down the Volume Up button and simultaneously connect your device to the PC with the help of an USB Cable.
- This will boot your LG V30/V30 +/ V30S device in Download Mode.
- Then launch the patched LGUP tool on your PC. The LGUP tool will now run on your PC. It will also detect your device.
- As shown in the screenshot above, from the ‘Process’ section of the tool, choose the ‘Upgrade’ option.
- Now select the Android Pie KDZ file that you downloaded in the first step -(H93030b_00_OPEN_EU_OP_0704.kdz).
- Lastly, click on the ‘Start’ button so as to install Android Pie update on your LG V30/ V30+/V30S.
- Soon the flashing process will be finished and the device will reboot automatically.
- That’s it. You are done here. You have successfully installed Android Pie Update on LG V30/ V30+/ V30S.
What’s new in Android Pie for LG V30, V30+, V30S?
Are you wondering about what all is new in the Android Pie Update for LG V30? Then here’s a quick sneak peek!
- One major feature the Android Pie Update has brought is the Artificial Intelligence-powered Adaptive Brightness and Battery.
- Introduction of Digital Well-being i.e. a Set of features or tools developed by Google to help users track the phone usage and make adjustments for the good.
- Intuitive Gesture-based Navigation, App action and slices.
- Overhaul to UI as Notification bar, Device Settings menu, Quick Settings.
- Others that you can see directly through the link is given here.
Wrapping Up –
Assuming that you have successfully installed Android Pie Update on LG V30, V30+, V30S, I would like to conclude this article. Certainly, let us know if you have faced any problem in following this guide by mentioning it in the comment section below. Also, share your experience with us after installing Android Pie on the LG V30 Lineup.
The new OS surely offers a ton of amazing features to drool over. Better late than never they say and so has been the case with LG V30 devices. Although Pie took some time before the LG V30 users could taste it, it has surely turned much sweeter now.
Last but not least, we would like to thank the members of the XDA Forum Family for the development of the Firmware files for LG V30 devices.
Hopefully, the other devices of this OEM will receive the Android Pie update sooner or later but before Google hits the smartphone market with Android Q! Stay updated for all such posts with us by subscribing to our Newsletter.
Happy Androiding 🙂
Basically a gamer, I tend to find Android so amusing that ended up creating a blog where I could share with you all that i am aware of and could be. Passion overtook me to an extent that I decided to be a full time technology blogger. Besides gaming, eating sleeping and Androiding is what keeps me going!