How to install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi 9 Prime: Redmi’s Prime series of smartphones are remarkably successful because they pack some pressing hardware and features at a very aggressive price. This results in high sales and popularity across the nation. And Redmi 9 Prime which was launched this recently is no exception.
After a lot of leaks and speculations, Redmi 9 Prime was launched in India and the device comes with a tear-drop display notch, Full HD+ display, and is powered by MediaTek Helio G80 SoC.
Redmi 9 Prime Specifications
Redmi 9 Prime features a 6.53 inch IPS LCD display with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. The resolution of this display is 1080 x 2340 pixels and the pixel density of this panel is about 395 PPI. Underneath the hood, as mentioned earlier, the device is powered by MediaTek Helio G80 chipset which is coupled with 4 GB or 6 GB of RAM.
As far as the internal storage is concerned the device is made available in three storage variants which include 64 GB, 128 GB. Mali-G52 MC2 handles the graphic duties here. As one would expect, Xiaomi did cut a few corners in regards to the cameras. The primary sensor is a 13 MP sensor with an F/2.2 aperture, and a wide-angle 8 MP f/2.2 aperture. And I am not gonna waste your time talking about the other two cameras. On the front, there is an 8 MP selfie camera unit.
The battery is one of the USP’s of the device as the device comes with a 5020 mAh battery. The device runs MIUI 11 which is built on top of Android 10. MIUI is one of the feature-rich user interfaces which comes with a bundle of features but a bit laggy at times. Now, this is where custom ROMs come into the play. But for that, you will need to unlock the bootloader and have the TWRP recovery. Now, in this post, we are going to discuss how to install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi 9 Prime.
Pre-Requisites to Download TWRP Recovery on Redmi 9 Prime
- Installing the USB Drivers on your Windows, Mac, Linux devices.
- Before you start, make sure that the Redmi 9 Prime is charged at least 70%.
- Next up, Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers and tools and platform-tools on your Windows, Mac, Linux running PC’s
- Make sure you have enabled the USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Bootloader should be unlocked (You can follow this guide to know How to Unlock Bootloader of Redmi 9 Prime
- Back up all the necessary files as Bootloader Unlock wipes internal storage.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi 9 Prime. (Currently not available)
What is TWRP Recovery?
All the Android phones have their own recovery which can be used to perform some simple tasks like wiping the data, clearing cache, and etc. But these recoveries are manufacturer oriented and can only flash original images or files from the company. Now, that is where TWRP Recovery for Redmi 9 Prime comes into the action.
In general, TWRP is one of the most popular recovery projects. TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project. TWRP is one of the finest Android recovery projects which is available for a plethora of devices. Choosing TWRP recovery over stock recovery adds in a load of benefits. For starters, the UI here is very much interactive with many advanced features. Using TWRP Recovery for Redmi 9 Prime, you can switch various ROMs, test out a set of mods and other features.
TWRP Recovery for Redmi 9 Prime
- You can flash Custom ROMs.
- Flash Magisk and root the device.
- Flash various mods like Dolby Atmos, and other audio mods.
- Integrated Format options.
- Mount Storage
- SD Card Partition features
- ADB Sideload and Terminal Access.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 9 Prime
- On your Redmi 9 Prime, enter settings then navigate to About Phone and tap on the MIUI version 7 times.
- Go back to the home page of settings and open Additional settings.
- Here you will find the Developer options, click and select on it to open. Here you will have to enable USB Debugging and Enable OEM unlock.
- Once done, open the ADB folder on your computer and connect your device to PC.
- Here you will have to enter CMD or Powershell type ADB Devices, now it will show the list of devices connected. Now type ADB Reboot bootloader
- Now enable the pop-up on your phone’s screen and you will enter fastboot mode on your phone. The Mi Bunny will appear by which you can confirm that you have entered bootloader or fastboot mode.
- Copy the TWRP which you have downloaded previously and rename it to TWRP.img
- In CMD or PowerShell, type fastboot devices to make sure that your device is connected.
- Once made sure, enter fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Now you have installed TWRP Recovery on Redmi 9 Prime. You can press and hold volume up + power key to enter recovery anytime.
How to Root Redmi 9 Prime using Magisk
- Download Magisk.zip and place it in your downloads section of your internal storage.
- Enter recovery mode by pressing volume up + power key together.
- Now go-ahead to the downloads section and select and swipe to install magisk.
- That is it, this is how to install TWRP recovery and root Redmi 9 Prime
That is it! You have successfully did completed the process of install TWRP recovery and Root Redmi 9 Prime. If this article helped you to install TWRP recovery and root Redmi 9 Prime, show us some love by sharing this post with the device users who might require a guide. Now that you have done that, it is time for me to bid you adieu. Until next time, Stay Techy!