If you wish to remove the bloatware that is otherwise nearly impossible to, But You can Install Custom ROM to Get rid of it. And if you want to make use of the numerous features you get by installing Custom ROMs, you have dropped up at the right place. Here You can be able to Learn How to Install Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro.
What is ROM?
- 1 How to install Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro
- 2 Install Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro Using CWM Recovery
- 3 Install Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro Using TWRP Recovery
ROM to Android is an abbreviation for Read Only Memory. Basically, it is the operating system software that runs your Droid. It is stored in the “Read Only Memory” portion of the hardware on the Android smartphone or tablet.
If you are wondering what is custom ROM meaning, then let me tell you, a custom ROM is simply a version of Android that third-party developers create for your device. They are meant to replace what is known as the stock ROM, or the version of Android that the manufacturer provided on your device.
Custom ROMs are the kind of ROMs that are personalized or developed from the original source code of Android. Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors. The developed Custom ROMs differ from the original source code in features and looks.
How to install Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro
Before getting into the actual process of installing Custom ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro, let us first see what are the requirements you need to consider before starting the procedure.
Things to keep in mind before installing Custom ROMs
- Make sure to unlock bootloader before you install Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro.
- Fully charged Phone.
- Root Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro.
- You need to have successfully installed either CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro before installing Custom ROMs.
Install Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro Using CWM Recovery
- Step 1. Firstly, make sure that you have fulfilled all the prerequisites for installing Custom ROMs.
- Next, download the proper Zip file of the Rom which you want to install on the Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro smartphone. You can find your any Rom you want by browsing the web.
- Step 2. Now, after you have successfully downloaded the custom ROM, put the file in the internal storage or the external storage of your Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro.
- Step 3. Next step would be to boot into CWM recovery.
- Step 4. Now, to boot into CWM recovery you will have to turn your device off. Once you have switched your phone off, press power button and volume down button together. This way, you have now booted your Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro into CWM recovery.
- Step 5. Then, you will see various options in the recovery mode and one important step is to backup your current Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro firmware because if anything goes wrong while installing custom ROM, your device can be restored.
- Step 6. Now that you have taken a backup, we need to perform a factory reset of the device before installing any of the Custom Rom.
- For that Purpose, go to Wipe Data/ Factory Reset > Yes-Wipe all user data and wipe cache by going to Wipe Cache Partition > Yes-Wipe Cache.
- Step 7. Now to install custom Rom on your Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro, go to Install Zip. Then choose Zip from SD card and then select your zip file from internal storage. Then, Select yes Install Zip File.
- Step 8. Wait until and do not interrupt in between the process of installing custom ROM gets completed.
And you are don here! You have successfully installed custom Rom on your Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro.
Install Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro Using TWRP Recovery
For installing Custom ROMs via TWRP Recovery, here is a step by step process for the same.
- Step 1. Make sure that you have met the requirements mentioned above before the installation process.
- Step 2. Then, boot your phone into TWRP recovery. Switch off your phone and then press Power button and volume down button simultaneously.
- Step 3. Make sure to take a complete backup of existing ROM before installing the custom ROM on the Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro. So that, if something goes wrong, you can restore your current backup.
- Step 4. Then, Go to Wipe and then Swipe to factory reset.
- Step 5. Go back and click install and select your custom Rom Zip file. Then swipe to confirm Flash.
- Step 6. Lastly, press back and reboot your Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro.
You have now successfully installed Custom ROM through TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro.
Also Read: How to Unroot Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro.
Why you should Use Custom ROMs on Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro?
While you might be given a number of unexplainable reasons for why you should make use of Custom ROMs, here are a few significant reasons for why you should take this step.
1. Customize almost everything:
Android is already immensely customizable, letting you swap out the launcher, replace icons, and create gestures. But a custom ROM gives you access to everything else.
2. Extend the life of your Phone:
Custom ROM will let you enjoy the latest version of Android long after your device’s official end of life. Like with your PC, you can then decide how long you use the thing you paid good money for. Most phones will see updates for no more than two years.
3. De-clutter Bloatware:
Smartphones usually come with more software installed than we need. Carriers often sell devices with their own apps for texting, voicemail, watching a video, or other things. Unlocked phones often come with ways to add stickers to photos, doodle using a stylus, or create GIFs that you may have zero interest in.
You cannot uninstall most of the software that ships pre-installed. Android although allows you to disable apps, but even then, you may not be able to hide everything. Switching to a custom ROM may be the only way to fully get rid of the default launcher or alternative app store that you have no interest in ever seeing again.
4. Ensure Privacy:
Although today Privacy is one of the biggest concerns for almost every person and this primarily do imply to our phones first. Hence there are many developers that tend to help you out by increasing the security to your privacy. However, flashing a custom ROM does give you a bit more control. Not only can you choose not to install certain Google apps, but you often have a greater say in what parts of your phone are accessible.
Advantages of installing Custom ROM on the Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro:
1. Root access
To install a custom ROM, you need to root your device. This allows you to remove and tinker with anything you like on your phone. Custom ROMs provide you root access of your Android system. If you own an Android with stock ROM and want to get rid of the stock ROM to enjoy the custom one, first you need to root your Android. A custom ROM allows you to do anything in your phones or tablets.
2. Regular Releases.
Rather than waiting month after month for a new Android distribution or a set of features from your carrier. Custom ROM developers can turn them out within a few weeks. Keeping you on the very cutting edge of what Android is capable off.
3. Better performance.
Custom ROMs allow you to install third-party applications you like without any limitations and remove any system apps which can’t be uninstalled in stock ROM. That makes custom ROM perform and function better than stock ROM.
With custom ROMs, users themselves can personalize the home screen, font, UI, UX, anything they wish. Any user will become the master of the Android device with the custom ROM.
4. Interchange With Ease
Once you have Rooted your phone once to install a ROM, you can easily install any other one afterward. If you wanted to, you can even revert to the stock build your phone came with, as most manufacturers release the software.
5. Quick updates.
When the latest Android version releases, the stock ROM enables you to update to the newest one without waiting. Stock ROMs controlled by the manufacturers or carriers may do not provide this update service or take a long time to do it.
6. New User Interface:
You can now have the experience of an absolute new user interface after installing Custom ROMs. In some of the phones, you will experience a total change in the user interface.
Disadvantages of installing Custom ROM on the Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro:
1. Void Warranty of your Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro:
Custom ROMs on your smartphone may void the warranty of your device. At such points, when you have custom ROMs installed on your phone, the manufacturer will not be responsible for your loss.
2. Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro may turn Sluggish:
If you install non-optimized Custom ROM on the device, Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro may lag and become more sluggish.
3. Chances of bricking Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro:
While installing Custom ROMs, you heighten the chances of it bricking. Or your phone may not turn on later on..
Hope you guys found the article useful in installing Custom ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro. If you come across any difficulty in any of the steps or have any queries regarding any tech-related topics, you can let us know in the comment box below.
Keep visiting our Page for more such articles or you can also Subscribe to our newsletter to receive timely notifications of our posts.
Happy Androiding 🙂