Steam Running Slow: Steam is a video game program developed and maintained by Valve. Steam was preliminarily announced back in September 2003 and reached the growth to the top while Valve kept on providing the updates for their games and expanded with the inclusion of third party games from diverse publishers.
Steam is available on Windows, Mac, Linus, iOS, Android, Windows Phone. Well, that’s literally every operating system in the world. Steam is currently being used by 90 million-plus users around the globe. But one of the biggest issues of Steam is that sometimes it runs very slow where you will be unable to play the games too.
So, if you are facing Steam running slow issue, you are in the right place. In this article, we are going to discuss the working method to fix Steam running slow issue. Make sure you follow the guide step by step perfectly to fix the issue.
How to fix the Steam Running Slow issue by Clearing the browser’s Cache and Cookies
- Click on the three-dot menu icon towards the top right corner of your display.
- Now, once the menu opens up, click and select on the settings option.
- Here you will have to select the Web Browser option.
- Now you will have to press the Delete Web Browser Cache button and click on OK option
- Select and Click on Delete all browser cookies button and select OK option.
- That is it. Now you can quickly close the application and run it.
The Steam browser collects the data which results in Steam running slow. The software includes its own integrated browser from which users can browse the Store. A lot of users have confirmed that clearing the data definitely helps.
How to fix the Steam Running Slow issue by Clearing the Download Cache
- Open Steam application in administrator mode, in simpler terms, right-click on the icon and select Run as administrator.
- Click and select Settings to open further settings as the magic takes place there.
- Click on Downloads on the left corner of the settings window.
- Now here, go ahead and press the clear download cache button.
- A confirmation window will open, click on OK on that window to confirm
- Select OK on the settings window and restart the steam after that.
How to fix the Steam Running Slow issue by Repairing Steam
- Open Run on your Windows computer. You can either use the shortcut Windows Key + R key to access it. Or you can right-click on the Windows icon on the taskbar and click and select on run.
- Now, a dialogue box would appear, here you can type C: Program Files (x86)SteambinSteamService.exe/repair in the allocated typing area and click on OK.
- That is it. Restart your computer and you are good to go!
Try and follow all the aforementioned solutions. If none of them worked for you it is definitely some kind of which can only be fixed with uninstalling and reinstalling. If this article helped you to fix Steam running slow issue, show us some love by sharing this article with your friends and family. For more posts like this stay tuned with us.
Android Jungles’ Editor Tarun Tej is a Bangalore-based writer and journalist whose work has appeared in True-Tech, DroidJournal, DroidViews, and various other online publications. An avid photographer, music-lover, and film-buff. He finds ultimate joy when writing about the latest tech and geek stuff. His interests are ranging from anything to do with mobiles, cameras, and any gadget for that matter.