Fix Red Dead Online Crashing on Xbox One and PlayStation 4: Red Dead is an online multiplayer action-adventure game developed by the world-famous Rockstar Games. Rockstar Games are ones who developed the Grand Theft Auto (GTA) game series. Red Dead Online was an online version of Red Dead Redemption 2 which is the very recent Rockstar Games release. The online version was released for Play Station 4, Xbox One, Windows PC, and Stadia.
Now after a recent update, a lot of players on Xbox and PlayStation 4 are facing game crashing issues. The story was the same for both these consoles. The version this is happening with is 1.21 and if you are one of the millions of players who are facing this issue, then let me tell that you are in the right place. In this guide, we are going to help you fix Red Dead Online Crashing on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Why is Red Dead Online is crashing on your Xbox One and Play Station 4
- Why is Red Dead Online is crashing on your Xbox One and Play Station 4
- Method 1: Clean the Game Disc to Fix Red Dead Online Crashing on Xbox One and PlayStation 4
- Method 2: Force Close the Game to Fix Red Dead Online Crashing on Xbox One
- Method 3: Uninstall the Game and Reinstall to Fix Red Dead Online Crashing on Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Also Read: How to Fix Dev Error 5523 on COD: Warzone
- This could totally be a random bug but that does not mean that there is a serious issue going on.
- Or on off chances that your internet connection is slow, the Red Dead Online may fail to load. So it is recommended to check the stability of the Internet connection.
- On both the consoles this could possibly be the coding glitch, as most of the players are facing the same issue at the same time.
- On PS4 this could be the firmware issue. As most of you already know, the outdated firmware on the PS4 could result in the crashing of online games.
- It could also be the hardware malfunction on your console. It is better to check whether the issue persists with any other games on your console.
Method 1: Clean the Game Disc to Fix Red Dead Online Crashing on Xbox One and PlayStation 4
- This is one of the easiest and most obvious steps that everyone follows.
- The success rate is higher and chances are that you might also make the situation worse. I mean, this step requires a lot of patience.
- You will have to take a clean and soft cloth and wipe the disc slowly.
- You can also use a little bit of water, for better results you can damp the cloth and wipe.
Method 2: Force Close the Game to Fix Red Dead Online Crashing on Xbox One
- If you still are facing the issue of Red Dead Online crashing then you can try restarting the game.
- While you are in the game, press the Xbox button on your controller and make sure that the biggest application title is highlighted and then press the menu button and select quit.
- Once done, check whether the issue still persists.
Method 3: Uninstall the Game and Reinstall to Fix Red Dead Online Crashing on Xbox One and PlayStation 4
When none of the above methods work, you can try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it. This way there is a maximum chance of making the game work. But do note that it takes a lot of time to set the game straight. You can definitely consider this.
Wait for the new game updates:
If nothing works, then all you can do is wait for the Rockstar Games to release an update fixing the issue. You can monitor Rockstar Games Twitter handle for further support.
If this post helped you to fix Red Dead Online Crashing on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 show us some love by sharing this article with your friends and family to whom this post can be useful. Now that you have done that, it is time for me to bid you adieu. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us! Until next time, Stay Techy!
Android Jungles’ Editor Tarun Tej is a Bangalore-based writer and journalist whose work has appeared in True-Tech, DroidJournal, DroidViews, and various other online publications. An avid photographer, music-lover, and film-buff. He finds ultimate joy when writing about the latest tech and geek stuff. His interests are ranging from anything to do with mobiles, cameras, and any gadget for that matter.