Fix Dev Error 5523 on COD: Warzone: Call of Duty: Warzone is one of the finest and free to play battle royale games which was released in early 2020. The game is made available for the Play Station 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. The game is a part of 2019’s Call of Duty: Modern Welfare. Now, a lot of players are reporting that they are facing a Dev Error 5523 issue on COD: Warzone.
If you are also facing the same issues, then let me tell you that there is no need for you to worry. In this post, we are going to help you fix Dev Error 5523 during startup issues easily. Before we get started, it is worth mentioning that this problem is usually caused by corrupted game data or obsolete graphics drivers. It can also be caused by a settings issue. Now that we have discussed that, let us quickly get started with the process of fixing Dev Error 5523 issue on COD: Warzone.
Pre-requisites to fix Dev Error 5523 on COD: Warzone
- Restart the computer.
- Make sure that the game is updated.
- Make sure whether your computer meets the hardware requirements.
- Also Read: How to Fix StarCraft II Does Not Launch Issue
Method 1: Turn off Bluetooth of your Headset
- A number of users in the Activision forum have reported that the issue was resolved after display the Bluetooth headset.
- So, you can navigate to the settings, then Bluetooth, and disable the Bluetooth headset is connected. In any case, you can identify the issue and disable the Bluetooth headset.
- Check whether the issue still persists.
Method 2: Delete Call of Duty Folder
- On your computer, open files and look for My Documents folder.
- Once you find it open the folder and search for the Call of Duty folder here.
- Copy all the files and folder from this folder and back it up somewhere safe.
- Now delete the entire folder and that is it. Now you can open the game and check whether the issue still persists.
- You can restore the previous backed anytime.
Method 3: Disable and Enable the Microphone
- On your computer navigate to Windows Settings.
- In Settings, open System and then select the sound options on the left sidebar of the following page.
- Here you will have to click on the Control Panel.
- Highlight the recording tab, right-click the microphone, and choose disable.
- Now open the game and navigate to options and then open Audio
- Under voice chat and voice chat device, you can ensure that it is set to system default or you can simply turn off voice chat as well.
- Quit the game and now enable the microphone.
Method 4: Update your graphics card
- Right-click on the Windows icon or start key.
- Click and select the Device Manager settings.
- Click on the tiny arrow which is located beside the Display Adapters settings.
- Now, this opens the Display Adapters settings and you can right-click and then select Update Drivers.
- Select and choose the search automatically for the driver’s options.
- This might take some time. Once done, you can open the game and test out for this issue yourselves.
If this post helped you to fix Dev Error 5523 issue on COD: Warzone, show us some love by sharing this article with your friends and family to whom this post can be useful. Now that you have done that, it is time for me to bid you adieu. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us! Until next time, Stay Techy!
Android Jungles’ Editor Tarun Tej is a Bangalore-based writer and journalist whose work has appeared in True-Tech, DroidJournal, DroidViews, and various other online publications. An avid photographer, music-lover, and film-buff. He finds ultimate joy when writing about the latest tech and geek stuff. His interests are ranging from anything to do with mobiles, cameras, and any gadget for that matter.