Fix Destiny 2 Black Screen on Startup: Destiny 2 is a free-to-play online-only multiplayer shooter video game developed by Bungie. It was released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2017. Now a lot of users are reporting that they are facing the Destiny 2 Black Screen on Startup Quick.
Also Read: How to Fix Destiny 2 Error Canary
Here you can find an easy and simple way to solve the black screen issue that arises that could possibly be caused by the software glitch. To fix the same make sure your graphics card, Operating System, and game are running their own respective latest versions.
A quick and easy fix to Destiny 2 Black Screen
Before we get to know how to solve the issue. First, let us have a look at the prerequisites that are required to solve the issue.
Also Read: How to Fix Persona 4 Golden No Audio Bug
- Restart the computer to see to it that the game is updated.
- Make sure that your P.C meets the necessary hardware requirements as mentioned below.
Minimum Spec Requirement
- OS: Windows 7 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)
- Processors: Intel Core i3 3250 3.5GHz or Intel Pentium G4560 3.5 GHz / AMD FX – 4350 4.2 GHz
- Memory: 6GB RA,
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB or GTX 1050 2GB/ AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
- Storeage: 105GB available space
Method 1: Update your graphics card driver to Fix Destiny 2 Black Screen on Startup
One of the most common problems faced is the outdated graphics card which is why you might need to make sure that your latest driver is installed. If there is an NVIDIA graphics card then here is what you need to do. It might take you around 10 minutes.
- Right-click on the NVIDIA settings icon
- Click on the NVIDIA GeForce Experience
- Click on the Drivers tab.
- Click Check for updates and if there any updates available install them.
Method 2: Verify the integrity of the game to fix Destiny 2 Black Screen on Startup
Also Read: How to Fix Team Fortress 2 Lag Problem
There is also a chance that the problem is caused due to the missing or corrupt nature of the game. In order to know or fix the same, you will need to check the integrity of the game.
- Open the Steam launching on your computer.
- Once opened, click and open the second tab on the top of the Steam launcher which is Library.
- This is where you can find all the games. Here you will have to search for Destiny 2.
- Right-click on the Don’t Starve and then click on properties. Now the properties window will open up.
- Now click on the Local Files tab which is the third tab inside the properties window.
- Here, you will have to click and select the Verify Integrity on the Game Files button.
- This might take some time. Once done, you can open the game and test out for this issue yourselves.
If this post helped you to Fix Destiny 2 Black Screen on Startup, show us some love by sharing this article with your friends and family to whom this post can be useful. Now that you have done that, it is time for me to bid you adieu. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us! Until next time, Stay Techy!
Android Jungles’ Editor Tarun Tej is a Bangalore-based writer and journalist whose work has appeared in True-Tech, DroidJournal, DroidViews, and various other online publications. An avid photographer, music-lover, and film-buff. He finds ultimate joy when writing about the latest tech and geek stuff. His interests are ranging from anything to do with mobiles, cameras, and any gadget for that matter.