In this article, we are sharing with you all the methods on How to Enable Nearby Share on Google Chrome.
Recently, we shared with you all that Google might Roll-out its “Nearby Share” next month. And the same now seems to have happened. Google has successfully rolled out its AirDrop Equivalent – Nearby Share for all Android devices as well as browsers.
The rivalry between Android and iOS or let’s say Google and Apple has always been a fun one, benefiting the users of both the Operating Systems. And Yes, Nearby Share is actually the Android competitor of Apple’s AirDrop feature.
For those who do not know, the AirDrop feature lets users share and transfer data from one device to another quickly and with ease. Thus, Nearby Share also helps users share and transfer data like – Photos, Documents, Media files, and a lot more and that too securely between Android devices.
The best part about this feature is that it works irrespective of internet connectivity. That is, you can use it offline as well as online and it uses various modes like – Bluetooth, WiFi, WebRTC, etc. for sharing of data between Android phones. This was one of the most crucial features similar to iOS that was lacking in Android phones.
But now Google has announced the Nearby Share feature and thus you won’t have to rely on some third-party apps to share data or wait for hours to share something over Bluetooth.
Back then we also stated that Google will not limit this application service just for Android. This feature will make its way to the machines running Windows, Linux, and Chrome OS. And the same has now come to be true.
The ChromeOS based PCs have now got Google’s Nearby Sharing feature and we can be optimistic that the feature will soon also be available for other browsers.
For now, if you have a ChromeOS based PC, you don’t have to bother taking cables and connective your Android to PC. You can easily share data using Nearby Share. So you can try out this cool feature on Chrome Browser on Any OS.
Here is a complete guide on how to enable Nearby Share on Google Chrome –
- To begin with, Open experiment page on your Google Chrome. For this, you ca Enter – chrome://flags/.
- This page will open a list of flags. Simply enter Nearby Share in the search bar.
- From the drop-down menu on the right side, choose – Enabled.
- Once enabled, you will be asked to relaunch the browser. Do so.
The Nearby Share feature will now be enabled on Google chrome.
This feature will work with Google Chrome Browser on all the Operating Systems like Windows, Mac OS, Linux, etc. So now with the help of Nearby Share, you do not have to be tangled with the USB Cables or rely on any third-party apps or software to share data from one device to another.
More on Google-
- Download Google Camera 7.4 for OnePlus 7T
- How to Change Google Advertising Preferences?
- How to Take Screenshots in Windows 10?
- How to Apply One UI 3 Developer Beta for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- How to find WiFi password in Windows 10
- Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 9 Pro
- How to hard reset OnePlus 8; soft Reset OnePlus 8?