For a long time now, rumor had it that Samsung’s S Voice Assistant would be discontinued from June 1. This generated another reliable rumor that Samsung will substitute S Voice with Bixby, atleast for Gear S3 and Gear Sport. Well, finally the rumor has come true. Today, Gear S3 and Gear Sport update brings Bixby.
Apart from Bixby, Gear S3 and Gear Sport have also brought along some features from Galaxy Watch Active 2. In this article, we have shared with you the method to download install latest Update for Gear S3 and Gear Sport.
Changelog of Gear S3 and Gear Sport Update
Here are some of the new features one can now see in the update for Gear S3 and Gear Sport –
- new emoticons
- ability to go back to apps running in the background by tapping their icons on the watch face
- Improved sleep mode detection
- Always On Display is more legible when the watch is being charged or power saving mode is active
- customization of toggles in the quick panel has been improved too.
Gear S3 Update
Gear S3 (both Classic and Frontier models have got the latest update with the firmware version – R76*XXU2FTD4.
Gear Sport Update
The Gear Sport update comes with build version – R600XXU1DTD3. Both these updates are now live in US as well as South Korea and should soon be rolled out in other countries.
How to manually check for and download Gear S3 and Gear Sport Update?
In case you want to you can manually check for and download the update with the help of below guide. Just make sure to have the Samsung Gear App on your Android device.
- On your mobile, go to Apps> Samsung Gear App.
- The Samsung Gear app might also be located in the Samsung folder at times.
- In the app, go to Settings> About Gear.
- Now tap on Update Gear software.
- Then tap on Download Updates manually.
- In case an update is available, follow the instructions on the screen.
- But if not, just tap on OK and go back.
Stay tuned with us for more such updates.