Fix Watch Dogs Legion Lag or FPS Drop Issue: After a long wait, Watch Dogs Legion was finally launched for the current generation consoles and PC recently and fans are all excited. But a few fans were in disappointment as they are facing Watch Dogs Legion Lag or FPS Drop Issue. If you are a Watch Dogs Legion player and are facing similar issues, this guide is tailor-made for you.
If you are wondering why you are facing the Watch Dogs Legion Lag or FPS Drop Issue, the reasons could be diverse. But majorly occurs because of corrupted game files, faulty GPU Drivers, system incompatibility and a lot more. Now, in this guide we will help you fix Watch Dogs Legion Lag or FPS Drop Issue.
Also Read: How to Fix Watch Dogs Legion Crashing
Method 1: Update the Graphics Drivers to fix Watch Dogs Legion Lag or FPS Drop Issue
- Method 1: Update the Graphics Drivers to fix Watch Dogs Legion Lag or FPS Drop Issue
- Method 2: Power Cycle your PC to Fix Watch Dogs Legion Lag or FPS Drop Issue
- Method 3: Check for Network Congestion in Lagging while Multiplayer Online
- Method 4: Verify the Integrity of Game Files
- Method 5: Run the Game on DirectX 11
It is safe and best to always make sure that your graphics card runs the latest drivers. This could be a simple way but in most of the cases is also the most effective way. You would also want to keep all the remaining third-party apps that are your software and also Windows Operating System fully updated to be on the safer side.
To update the Graphics Drivers:
- Right-click on the Windows icon or start key.
- Click and select the Device Manager settings.
- Click on the tiny arrow which is located beside the Display Adapters settings.
- Now, this opens the Display Adapters settings and you can right-click and then select Update Drivers.
- Select and choose the search automatically for the driver’s options.
- This might take some time. Once done, you can open the game and test out for this issue yourselves.
Method 2: Power Cycle your PC to Fix Watch Dogs Legion Lag or FPS Drop Issue
- On your computer, click on the Start icon and choose Shut down
- Once your PC is turned off completely, unplug it from the power source if it is a desktop computer. If you are using a laptop, let it shut down and wait for 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, plug in your computer to the power source and start it.
- Now, check whether your issue is fixed or not.
Method 3: Check for Network Congestion in Lagging while Multiplayer Online
- Restart your computer if you are connected to the internet through LAN.
- Open any browser of your choice and visit the speedtest.net website and perform a quick test.
- Wait until the complete test is performed and results are generated.
- If the ping is too high, more than 100 ms then this might be the reason why you are facing the issue of fall guys disconnecting.
- Contacting your ISP is the only thing you can do in such situations.
Method 4: Verify the Integrity of Game Files
- Access the Epic Games Launcher
- Click on Library and now choose the three dots found beside the Watch Dogs Legion
- Here, you will have to choose verify.
Repair Game using Windows 10 Repair
- Open Start menu or click the Windows button from any screen.
- Now, search for Watch Dogs Legion
- Right Click on the Watch Dogs and choose App Settings
- Click on Repair button.
Method 5: Run the Game on DirectX 11
Watch Dogs Legion is basically designed to run on DX12 but some players did report that they were able to fix the issue by running the game on DirectX 11. To run the game on DirectX 11…
- Open Epic Games Launcher
- Click on Settings
- Scroll down to the bottom and expand Watch Dogs Legion
- Check for the additional Command Line Arguments
- Enter d3d11, and then relaunch the Watch Dogs Legion.
This is how you can Fix Watch Dogs Legion Legion Lag or FPS Drop Issue. If this guide helped you, do consider sharing this with your friends and gaming buddies.
We at Android Jungles strive to bring you the gaming fixes and tips like this every day. So make sure to follow us on Google News and Twitter, to get notified whenever a post goes live. For more posts like this stay tuned with us. Until next time, stay techy!
Android Jungles’ Editor Tarun Tej is a Bangalore-based writer and journalist whose work has appeared in True-Tech, DroidJournal, DroidViews, and various other online publications. An avid photographer, music-lover, and film-buff. He finds ultimate joy when writing about the latest tech and geek stuff. His interests are ranging from anything to do with mobiles, cameras, and any gadget for that matter.