In this article, we are sharing with you all, the methods to Fix PlayStation An Error Has Occurred on Sign in.
Just Like Microsoft Xbox, Sony PlayStation is one of the most popular gaming consoles of all times. The Gaming console has gained so much popularity recently that Sony Produced 10 Million PlayStation 5 Units to meet high demand amidst Coronavirus.
No doubt the gaming console is best and one of it’s kind. But just like any other machine, this one too comes with some flaws. Take for example the very common – ‘An Error Has Occurred’ on Sign in PlayStation issue.
Many users have reported this error for some time now and hence, here we are sharing with you all how you can fix PlayStation An Error Has Occurred on Sign in.
Fix PlayStation An Error Has Occurred on Sign in
Fix PlayStation An Error Has Occurred on Sign in
- Solution 1. Check & Update PSN Account Info
- Solution 2. Disconnect Power cord
- Solution 3. Create new PSN Account with New Email ID
- Solution 4. Login to PSN Account using different Gaming Console
- Solution 5. Change Privacy Settings to “No One”
- Solution 6. Change DNS Settings
- Solution 7. Enable Two-Step Verification
Given below are 7 easy and effective ways to fix PlayStation An Error Has Occurred on Sign in PlayStation issue.
Solution 1. Check & Update PSN Account Info
Verifying and Updating PSN Account information is a very crucial thing you need to do before jumping to the gaming.
Most of the times people ignore it and directly jump to the console for playing.
- Open your email inbox on your device.
- Note that, you have to sign into the same email address that you used to set up your PSN account.
- In your inbox, look for the PlayStation mail. Either search with keywords like Sony or Playstation or simply check the junk or spam inbox.
- Once you see the email, tap on it to verify your PS4 account.
Once the verification is done, now Sign in to your PlayStation account to see if the PlayStation An Error Has Occurred on Sign in issue is fixed.
Do check – How to Fix COD Warzone Dev Error 5759
Solution 2. Disconnect Power cord
If the PlayStation An Error Has Occurred, no error code appears on the screen while you are playing a game, follow the below procedure to get rid of it.
- Go to settings.
- Look for ‘Account Management’.
- Click on ‘Sign Out’ so as to log out of your account.
- Then Switch off your PlayStation 4 console completely.
- When you turn the gaming console off, unplug the power cord.
- Now be patient for a while and after 15 minutes or so, Plug in the power cable to your PS4 and then switch it on.
Now Log into your account again when the console starts. See if now you have fix PlayStation An Error Has Occurred issue.
Must see – How to Install Fortnite on iOS
Solution 3. Create new PSN Account with New Email ID
If you are a new user, this method won’t be as much difficult for you as for other users. If you do not wish to create a new PSN Account, dont worry you can follow other solution mentioned below.
However, if you are okay with creating a new PSN account, here is how you can fo so –
- Turn on your PS gaming console and go to New User section.
- Click on ‘Create a User’ or ‘User 1’ on the PlayStation log-in screen.
- This will create a local user on the PlayStation itself but not a PSN account.
- Now you will see the message- ‘New to PlayStation Network? Create an Account’. Click on Next.
- Now click on Sign Up Now.
- Hit the ‘Skip’ button you can directly proceed to play the game offline.
- Just note that, Go to the profile of User 1 if you are using your PlayStation for the first time. Enter your details and press the ‘Next’ button on new screens.
- You can also personalize your account here like for sharing, messaging, and friend preferences.
- When you enter your email address make sure that it is the one you are logged into, as you will receive a verification link soon.
- Wait for some time for the email lto arrive. However, if you have not received the email for a long time now, simply search with words like – Sony, Playstation, etc. Or check the Junk or Spam section.
- Once you get the link, tap on it so as to create a new Online ID. Enter your first and last name. This name will be public so make sure to pick the right one.
That’s it. Once you have setup this account you can play on PS4 using this account.
Solution 4. Login to PSN Account using different Gaming Console
If you have another PS4 Gaming console or a friend who has it, then try logging in to your PS4 Account from their PS4 Gaming console.
If you cannot be where the other gaming console is, share your password and Id only with a trustworthy person. If you can be present physically, well and good.
Just be careful with your Id and Password. However, if this method cannot be followed by you, you can try out the other options to fix PlayStation an error has Occurred issue.
Solution 5. Change Privacy Settings to “No One”
Some users have stated that changing privacy settings to no one was helpful for them in fixing
- On your PS4 gaming console, go to Settings.
- Then go to the ‘PlayStation Network’.
- Next, click on ‘Account Management’ and then ‘Privacy Settings’.
- Enter your PlayStation ID password.
- Now manually select the features you want to change Privacy settings for and change them to ‘No One’.
- Now go back to the main menu and restart your PlayStation so as to check if you have fix PlayStation An Error Has Occurred on Sign in.
Solution 6. Change DNS Settings
The change in DNS Settings or the Domain Name System Settings could be helpful to fix PlayStation An Error has occured issue.
Domain Name System is nothing but a Contacts Book of the internet. Changing and tweaking the internet connection can be helpful in fixing the issue.
Solution 7. Enable Two-Step Verification
Disabling and then Re-enabling Two Step Verification process has proven to be one of the most effective workarounds to fix PlayStation “An Error Has Occurred” on Sign in.
- Go to the Settings > Account Management’.
- Then Click on ‘Account Information’ and then, in that tab, click on ‘Security’.
- In case you have already enabled Two-Step Verification, click on the ‘Status’ option, and then choose ‘Inactive’ from the drop down menu.
- Lastly, hit ‘Confirm’.
- Now Restart the device and then enable it again.
- After that, Sign in with your account information, if you have not already.
- Then search for the ‘Set up now’ button under ‘2-Step Verification’ and click on it.
- Now in the pop up box that appears, enter your mobile number and hit on ‘Add’.
- When you add your number, a verification code will be sent on your device.
- Type this code on your PS4 screen.
- Then, you will be signed out of your account and see a confirmation screen.
- Follow the on-screen given information and go ahead and click ‘OK’.
More on PlayStation
- Fix Red Dead Online Crashing on Xbox One and PlayStation 4
- Sony Produces 10 Million PlayStation 5 Units to meet high demand amidst Coronavirus
- Fix Destiny 2 Black Screen on Startup
- How to Fix Call of Duty Warzone Dev Error 6036
- Sony PlayStation 5 Live In India On Flipkart and Amazon
I hope that the above article was useful and tou could easily fix PlayStation an error has occured. In case of any doubts, feel free to let us know in the comment section below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.