Fix Fallout New Vegas Out of Memory: As most of you already know that Fallout 3 is one of the most famous titles and that is the reason being Bethesda Software publishing yet another game in the award-winning Fallout series. The new game called Fallout New Vegas wasn’t a direct sequel to Fallout 3 but served as a spin-off to the series.
Fallout New Vegas, similar to its predecessors, won heart across the gaming community and has been bought more than 12 million times since its release in 2010. So in this article, we will be discussing and providing you with a simple solution on how to Fix the Fallout New Vegas Out of Memory error.
How to Fix Fallout New Vegas Out of Memory error
So before we get started with the process first you will have to figure out the Fallout New Vegas has been installed. One can use the Browse Local files feature in case it has been installed using Steam, but if it is not installed from Steam then you need to go around the File Explorer until you find the installation folder. The steps to do so are as follows
- You might have to launch the Steam application first simply by double-clicking on the desktop shortcut or by searching for it in the search and open it from there.
- Then in there, you might have to click on the Library option which is present at the top of the steam application which you just opened.
- Once you have opened the Library you can find all the games and files installed by you in association with Steam. You need to find Fallout New Vegas and then upon finding it right-click on it and then select Properties from the menu there.
- Now simply switch to the Local files tab which you can find in the Properties and then click on the Browse Local Files button.
- Upon doing so a new file explorer window will open and then all you have to do is to directly brought through to the installation folder of the Fallout New Vegas. Note that it generally is in C > ProgramFiles(*86) > Steam > SteamApp > common > Fallout New Vegas.
Now let us have a look at the process to be followed to solve the error
Use the 5GB Patch to Fix Fallout New Vegas Out of Memory
Step 1: Firstly you can start the process by downloading the file for the 4GB Patch tool.
Step 2: Then under the Files tab of the webpage you have to click on Manual Download in order to start the download process.
Step 3: Note that you might have to log in to download the files.
Step 4: Then once it is downloaded you have to select the option shown in the folder.
Step 5: It is known that such files will be downloaded in zip format, so you might have to extract it to the desired location.
Step 6: So, as a matter of fact, we have to extract to the folder where the Fallout New Vegas is located.
Step 7: Once the extraction process is completed you have to open the folder and then locate the file FalloutNVpacth.exe file. Upon finding it right-click on it and select the option Run as Administrator.
Step 8: After that, you have to search for .ini files using the search box.
Step 9: Then you might have to change the attributes of each of the .ini files in the Fallout New Vegas folder bu simply pressing on properties from the menu and then check the box next to Read-only and don’t forget to save the changes. Make sure you do this to all the .ini files and you are good to go.
If this post helped you with How to Fix Fallout New Vegas Out of Memory, show us some love by sharing this guide with your friends and fellow players. We at Android Jungles strive to bring you the gaming fixes and tips like this every day. So make sure to follow us on Google News and Twitter, to get notified whenever a post goes live. For more posts like this stay tuned with us. Until next time, stay techy!