Epic Games Launcher IS-FC06 Unable to Write Error: Epic Games is one of the finest video game publisher and distributor. Their games are made available for all the major platforms and they are famous for their titles such as Fortnite and Gears of War series. Both these games are accessible on the PC through their very own launcher dubbed Epic Games Launcher.
Now a lot of users are facing Epic Games Launcher IS-FC06 error. This error generally occurs when the system is unable to write data on the hard drives while the game is being downloaded. The issue can further be caused by an incorrect file system format for the hard drive or you might also face when you have RAM related issues.
Regardless of all that if you are facing a similar issue and are unable to fix it, well then you have ended up in the right place. In this post, we will be discussing how you can fix Epic Games Launcher IS-FC06 Unable to Write Error. With that being said, let us quickly get started with the process of fixing Epic Games Launcher IS-FC06 Unable to Write Error, shall we?
Method 1: Set the Hard Drive to use the NTFS Format to Fix Epic Games Launcher IS-FC06 Unable to Write Error
- On your computer open the File Explorer and find This PC on your left toolbar. Alternatively you can also open Start Menu ad search for This PC directly.
- Once you open This PC, right-click on your hard drive and click on Properties. Hereunder the general tab, you will be able to see hard drive detailed information. Under the File System, it should read NTFS.
- If it says FAT32 or something else, make sure that you select under NTFS only. You can further follow Microsoft’s instructions here.
Method 2: Check for Hard Drive Errors
- Again, on your computer open the File Explorer and find This PC on your left toolbar. Alternatively you can also open Start Menu ad search for This PC directly.
- Once you open This PC, right-click on your hard drive and click on Properties.
- Click on tools tab from here and click on the check button under the Error-checking section. If errors are found then Windows will attempt to fix the issues.
Alternatively, you also search for Windows Memory Diagnostic in the search bar and click on open Windows Memory app and all you have to do here is click Restart now and check for problems. If this post helped you to fix Epic Games Launcher IS-FC06 Unable to Write Error, do consider sharing the article with your fellow players and friends.
We at Android Jungles follow an ideology to share tech and gaming tips like this every day. So make sure you bookmark us and stay tuned. Now that you have done that, it is time for me to bid you adieu. Until next time, stay techy!
Android Jungles’ Editor Tarun Tej is a Bangalore-based writer and journalist whose work has appeared in True-Tech, DroidJournal, DroidViews, and various other online publications. An avid photographer, music-lover, and film-buff. He finds ultimate joy when writing about the latest tech and geek stuff. His interests are ranging from anything to do with mobiles, cameras, and any gadget for that matter.