Enable Developer Option and USB Debugging on Oppo RX17 Pro: There are processes which form the basis of day to day essential activities on any Oppo RX17 Pro device and then there is a process that makes basics of advanced use of Oppo RX17 Pro devices. Enabling Developer Option and USB Debugging are somewhat median to both of them. This does not have to be clarified how important USB Debugging is when you wish to connect to any PC or other port. Developer Options, just like the name, help the developers out with the advanced techniques and processes like building an app, etc.
For one reason or another there might come a time when you too would have to deal with either one or both of them and for such times, you need to be prepared. Hence, we are here with today’s article on Enabling Developer Option and USB Debugging on Oppo RX17 Pro phone. Keep reading the article for more information.
What is USB Debugging?
The USB Debugging Mode allows Oppo RX17 Pro device to receive file, data, commands, and also allows the PC to gather any sort of vital information from the device connected.
USB Debugging is a mode in any Oppo RX17 Pro phone that will make it possible for you to download newly programmed apps to be copied through the USB to the device for testing purpose.
What is Developer Option?
Developer Option is nothing but a secret set of options. According to the name itself, the Developer Options are intended for people who or developers who want some additional features than available to test software and apps they are writing for Oppo RX17 Pro devices.
You can enable the USB Debugging option through the developer option, also capture bug reports on your Oppo RX17 Pro. You can also show the CPU Usage on a screen to measure the impact of your software.
You can draw debugging option on the screen including layout bounds, updates on GPU views and hardware layers, and other information. There are many more options, most of which you will witness yourselves.
Some Features of Oppo RX17 Pro:
- The Oppo RX17 Pro was launched on November, 2018.
- The display type on Oppo RX17 Pro is AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen with 16 M colors.
- The screen size being 6.4 inches and a 1080× 2340 pixels and 19.5:9 ratio.
- The Android OS is of Android 8.1 Oreo.
- The device contains Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 chipset.
- A Octa-core CPU and Adreno 616 GPU.
- The device has a 20 MP camera with and LED Flash, HDR, Panorama, selfie camera being of 25 MP.
- The battery of Oppo RX17 Pro is non-removable with Li-Po 3700 mAh Battery.
- The color of the device being Stream blue, it is priced at about 49,579 INR.
How to Enable Developer Option on Oppo RX17 Pro?
Step 1. To begin with, unlock your Oppo RX17 Pro and go to the Settings of your Oppo RX17 Pro.
Step 2. Then scroll down to find the About Device and tap on it.
Step 3. Locate on the Build Number of your Oppo RX17 Pro and tap several times on it.
Step 4. And you have successfully enabled the Developer Option on your Oppo RX17 Pro.
How to Enable USB Debugging on Oppo RX17 Pro Phone?
For enabling USB Debugging on Oppo RX17 Pro you will first of all have to enable developer option on your device. The process has been mentioned above.
Step 1. Once you have enabled USB Debugging Option on your Oppo RX17 Pro, Go back to the Main Settings.
Step 2. Now run the Additional Settings. There, tap on the Developer Options to enable it from there.
Step 3. Then Scroll Down and find USB Debugging option and enable it.
And you are done here! You have successfully enabled the USB Debugging Mode.
Also See: How to Root Oppo RX17 Pro
How to Enable USB Debugging with a broken Screen?
At times, we come across a situation, of no interest to get into where your phone screen breaks or gets damaged by some reasons. At such moments of annoyance, you can help yourselves out by operating the device with a USB Cable. Again you have various options for handling this situation like by using Third Party Application or also by using OTG Adapter and a mouse, etc.
Given below is the most reliable method I could find for enabling USB Debugging mode using ADB commands. Google has developed a number of SDK or what we can call as Software Development Kits. You get a feature called ADB in this tool. With the help of ADB, you can communicate with a phone unless USB debugging is enabled.
A word of advice I would like to share with you all, do not try this method unless you are an advanced techie. One simple mistake and you could even damage your Oppo RX17 Pro.
Step 1. To begin the process with, Install ADB on your Computer.
Step 2. Then connect your Oppo RX17 Pro to the PC via appropriate USB Cables.
Step 3. The next step is to boot your device into the ClockWorkMod Recovery. You can do this by- Holding the Power Button+ Home Button+ Volume Up or Down Button all together and depending on the method of your device.
Step 4. Once the Clockwork Mode recovery loads, you should check if the ADB connection runs. You can do that by opening a Command prompt Window on your Pc and type the Following command.
Step 5. Now, Backup all of your phone data. You can do so by typing the below command in the same prompt window.
adb pull/ data/ media / clockworkmod/ backup~/ Desktop/ Oppo RX17 Pro-up
Is USB Debugging Safe?
This is a truly relative concept. This is the question asked for most of the times when it comes to USB Debugging. Whether it is safe or not?. Let me tell you If you wish to and you are plugging your device into a personal computer of yours or you wish to use the debugging bridge, then leaving the USB Debugging enabled for all the time will not give any bad results. It will not affect you in any way.
However, the problem arrives when you are using a public or unknown USB Port. There is a risk of somebody stealing your personal information and details through your device. Let us take an Oppo RX17 Pro of a Public Charging Port. If someone over there has an access to the charging station, then they could use the USB Debugging to either push some kind of virus or malware into it or cram malicious apps into it or even lurk into your personal information.
Hence it is entirely a relative concept of whether enabling USB Debugging is safe or not. You can enable USB Debugging when it is the time you have to use it on any personal computer or network and disable it otherwise.
Features of Oppo RX17 Pro Developer Options:
- Bug Report: Using this option surfaces the log files on your Oppo RX17 Pro and allow you to send them where ever you want to.
- Desktop Backup password: You will need a password for backups through this feature. Oppo RX17 Pro Developer Option allows you to back up and restore to and from your computer, sort of things like apps, associated data, etc.
- Keep your phone awake: Check the ‘Stay awake‘ option and the screen on your phone to stay on anytime and every time it is plugged in. This surely is useful when you are working on Oppo RX17 Pro development and find it annoying that the screen keeps timing out. However, it will do you any good to your screen in the process.
- Mock locations: Tap on the ‘Allow Mock Locations’ option, and you will be able to manually write location information. This is useful if you are developing an app that uses location information.
- Enable Open GL Traces: This is a setting that records Open GL Errors. Enable Open GL trace places in any log file you want.
- Debug GPU Over Draw: Whenever any application asks the system to draw something on the top of something else, GPU Overdraw happens. You can get information about this happening through Debug GPU Overdraw.
- Background Process Limit: You can, with this feature, know the Background Process Limit i.e. it lets you set how many processes can run in the background at any time.
Also See: How to fix Oppo RX17 Pro SIM Card Issues
Why should you enable USB Debugging Mode on Oppo RX17 Pro?
Unlike Software Update, there is not any obligation for everyone to enable the USB Debugging mode on their device for any sort of push to keep it working well. However, if you want to have a superior access to your device and control it with more freedom.
You can use some third-party tools to manage your Oppo RX17 Pro. You can gain access to your device through your Computer and run terminal commands with ADB. Without enabled USB Debugging, you cannot send any advanced commands to your phone through the USB Cable.
Must See: How to Unroot Oppo RX17 Pro
Hope you all found the article useful in enabling the developer option and USB Debugging on your Oppo RX17 Pro phone. If you come across any difficulties or have any queries, you can ask us in the comment section below. We will be glad to help you. Keep visiting our page for more such tech related articles or you can also subscribe to our newsletter to receive timely notifications of our posts.
Happy Oppo RX17 Proing 🙂