Google Camera is one such attractive feature from Google that has been a point to discuss for all techies. There is a number of Google Camera ports out there from various developers across the Globe. These Google Ports have been known to enhance the camera quality and thus help users take amazing pictures, no matter the device – Pixel or Not.
But with so many features, not all the GCam ports tend to offer the best results. However, if you are looking for one such Google Camera for Xiaomi Mi A2/ A2 Lite having the features like Night Sight, HDR+, Portrait Mode, etc. then here is an article that will help you download and enable Camera2 API on Xiaomi Mi A2/ A2 Lite.
So what are you still waiting for? Hop into the article!
Download Patched Boot Image
Here are the Magisk Patched Boot Images for Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite to temporarily root it. There are also stock boot images mentioned here for the corresponding firmware, so as to help you unroot if you mistakenly flash the image.
For Mi A2 (jasmine_sprout)
- V10.0.14.0.PDIMIXM (September 2019 Update)
- V10.0.13.0.PDIMIXM (Huge thanks to Nebrassy for uploading and Kevin for sharing these with us!)
- V10.0.8.0.PDIMIXM (Thanks to XDA Senior Member ThaiDai)
- V10.0.4.0.PDIMIXM (Huge thanks to XDA Senior Member minnuss!)
For Mi A2 Lite (daisy)
- V10.0.14.0.PDLMIXM (September 2019 Update)
- V10.0.13.0.PDLMIXM (Huge thanks to Roy Goldberg!)
- V10.0.10.0.PDLMIXM (Kudos to Roy Goldberg for sending us these!)
- V10.0.2.0.PDLMIFJ Patched Boot Image: Link
Enable Camera2 API on Xiaomi Mi A2/A2 Lite without Root
Here is how you can enable Camera2 API on Xiaomi Mi A2 and A2 Lite without rooting your device. But before that, you need to follow a few requirements given below.
- Install ADB and Fastboot tools or you can also use the Minimal ADB & Fastboot tool.
- Unlock Bootloader of your Xiaomi device.
- Download the Patched Boot image for Mi A2 or Mi A2 Lite.
Assuming that you have followed all the above instructions, we can begin with the installation guide.
- Copy the downloaded Patched Boot Image for Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite to the Folder on your device where you have installed the ADB and Fastboot binaries.
- Open the folder and press the Shift Key and simultaneously right click on empty space on the folder.
- Choose ‘Open PowerShell Window here’ from the menu that appears.
- Switch off the Xiaomi Mi A2 device.
- Boot your Xiaomi device into Fastboot mode by holding down the Volume Down and Power buttons together.
- Connect the device to the PC with the help of USB Cables.
- Type the below command so as to temporarily boot the Magisk patched boot image on your Mi A2/Mi A2 Lite –
fastboot boot boot-image-filename.img
- Do not forget to replace ‘boot-image-filename.img‘ with the actual filename. For instance, if you have the filename V10.0.13.0, the command should be:
fastboot boot patched_boot_V10.0.13.0_mi_a2_lite.img
- When you enter the above command, your device will boot into OS with a temporary root.
- At this moment, you have only the Magisk Manager Stub installed on your device. Grant the required permission so as to make the Magisk manager work well. For this, first, install the full Magisk Manager.
- Just go to the App drawer of the device and launch Magisk Manager. If the app is not shown here, you can simply download the Magisk Manager APK from here.
- Choose Yes when you are asked to upgrade to full Magisk Manager.
- Soon the Magisk Manager will be installed. You can now install the Termux, i.e. Terminal Emulator.
- When installed, launch Termux and type the below command –
- Grant superuser permissions to Termux when asked.
- Now enable Camera2 API on Xiaomi Mi A2/A2 Lite by entering the following command –
setprop persist.camera.HAL3.enabled 1
setprop persist.vendor.camera.HAL3.enabled 1
setprop persist.camera.stats.test 5
setprop persist.vendor.camera.stats.test 5
- After the commands have been executed successfully, you can reboot your device to uninstall Magisk and unroot completely.
Download Google Camera Port for Xiaomi Mi A2/Mi A2 Lite
There are a number of Google Camera Ports out there of which not all are stable. With heavy impacting features like NightSight or HDR+ lead to some bugs in some ports. But the ones that I have mentioned below are some of the most stable Gcam Ports. These are also highly recommended by the XDA Developers Team. You can try one or all of the below ports on your Xiaomi Mi A2/ A2 Lite.
Google Camera 7.0.009 Ports
Google Camera 6.2.030 Ports
- GCam-6.2.030_Arnova8G2_Urnyx05-v2.4.apk (by Urnyx05)
- DMGC_6.2.030_ver.1.6-PE.apk (by the_dise)
- Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.2.190716.1800-Final.apk (by Arnova8G2)
Google Camera 6.1.021 Ports
How to Install Gcam Port on Xiaomi Mi A2/ A2 Lite
- Download Google Camera Port for Xiaomi Mi A2/A2 Lite.
- Open a File manager app on your Xiaomi device.
- Go to the location where the APK file was downloaded.
- Tap on the APK file to install Google Camera Port on Xiaomi Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite.
- Follow the instructions given.
- After installing Google Camera, go to the App drawer and launch it.
You can make use of the below settings that we recommend so that you can seamlessly run the Google Camera on Xiaomi Mi A2 device.
Just Go to Settings > Advanced and make sure to make the below settings –
- Base –
- Interface Style: Pixel 3
- Config: Auto
- Back Camera: Pixel 3 XL
- Front Camera: Nexus 6P
- Libs – Stock by Eszdman v3
That was it about enabling Camera2 API on Xiaomi Mi A2/A2 Lite without Root. I hope that you have found the article of use. In case you have any queries, let us know in the comment section below.
Happy Androiding 🙂
Basically a gamer, I tend to find Android so amusing that ended up creating a blog where I could share with you all that i am aware of and could be. Passion overtook me to an extent that I decided to be a full time technology blogger. Besides gaming, eating sleeping and Androiding is what keeps me going!