A few days ago, finally the Xiaomi Mi A3 Android 10 OTA Update was available for download. The update, however, came late owing to various reasons. Many reports have stated that Coronavirus was a cause of this delayed update. However, the fact that Xiaomi Mi A3 Android 10 update came with a series of bugs cannot be ignored. And with the latest Android 10 Hotfix Update released for Xiaomi Mi A3, it is even more clear that Android 10 on MI A3 has been through a number of bugs.
The Xiaomi Mi A3 OTA Update brought along the December 2019 Security Patch level along with all the amazing Android 10 goodies like – Dark Mode, Focus Mode, Live Mode, Privacy controls, Location Controls, gesture navigation, smart reply, and so on. The update comes with a number of bugs and hence is put on hold. It comprises fingerprint bugs, camera bugs, user interface issues, system bugs, etc. The Xiaomi Mi A3 Android 10 HotFix Update has brought along a few bug fixes alongside of March 2020 Security Level.
However, this update has now been followed by a Hotfix Update. Here are a few bugs that were reported with the previous Android 10 Update on Xiaomi Mi A3 –
- Fingerprint scanner not working properly
- Mismatch of fonts, “Customize You Mi A3” doesn’t working properly
- After using Video Calling/ some apps, the system sometimes will reboot in looping
- Stock Camera app is closing when choose the Pro Mode in some circumstances
- Shutter speed control is not present
- Chinese language on Tips menu
- SD Card corrupted/ not working intended after the update
- UI Corners not working as intended when passing through
- Qualcomm Report Tool present on public stable rom. (it is a production tool?)
It is certain to guess that these issues might now have been addressed by the Latest HotFix Update. So if you want your Xiaomi Mi A3 device to be on the latest version possible and experience a better working of it, here are the links to download the latest Android 10 Hotfix Update for Xiaomi Mi A3.
Download Android 10 HotFix update for Xiaomi Mi A3
Device codename: laurel_sprout_global
Download Android 10 HotFix Update for Xiaomi Mi A3 Gdrive
How to Install Android 10 HotFix Update for Xiaomi Mi A3?
The best way to install Android 10 Hotfix Update for Xiaomi Mi A3 is to download it once you get the notification on your Xiaomi Mi A3. Now just as any other OTA Update, this one too will be released in patches and hence you might get this update on your Mi A3 sooner or later.
You can go to the Settings of your device> System Updates> Check for OTA Updates. However, if you haven’t received the OTA update yet, you can anytime download Android 10 OTA Update zip from the links mentioned above and then install it manually on Mi A3.
Stock Recovery Method (OTA update zip installation)
- Download Xiaomi Mi A3 Android 10 OTA update zip from above. Then Rename it as
update.zipand move this file to the PC or whichever system you are using i.e. Mac or Linux.
- Do not forget to have a copy of this update zip on the storage of your device or SD Card.
- Now reboot the Xiaomi Mi A3 device into Recovery Mode. To do so, simply turn off your device completely and then press and hold down the Power + Volume Up + Bixby buttons altogether.
- Once you have entered the stock recovery mode, make use of the volume buttons to navigate and choose – “apply update from SD card“.
- Go to the update zip file in the SD card and press the power button to choose it.
- The Update will now begin. It may take some while just be patient until then. Now that you have finished the step, repeat the same for the further OTA Updates and more
Use the below command to reboot into Recovery Mode –
adb reboot recovery
That is it. You have successfully installed the Android 10 Hotfix Update on your Xiaomi Mi A3 device. In case you have any doubts, feel free to let us know in the comment section below. We will be glad to help you out.
More such articles –
- Downgrade Android 11 Developer Preview to Stable Android 10 Firmware on Pixel devices
- Download latest Google Assistant Dark Mode APK and Google Search APK
- Android 11 R GSI Download for Android devices
- Download NavStar APK for Android 10 One UI 2.0/2.5 and Samsung Good Lock March 2020 Update
- Root Xiaomi Mi A3 using Magisk or without TWRP Recovery
Basically a gamer, I tend to find Android so amusing that ended up creating a blog where I could share with you all that i am aware of and could be. Passion overtook me to an extent that I decided to be a full time technology blogger. Besides gaming, eating sleeping and Androiding is what keeps me going!