Recently, the Android 10 based Oxygen OS 10 was announced for OnePlus 6T and the previous month, we had received the Download OxygenOS 10 Beta Update for OnePlus 6 & 6T [Android 10].The OnePlus 6 and 6T also received a Pre-Android 10 OTA Update and now Finally today we have got our hands on the latest stable Android 10 OTA Update for OnePlus 6 devices which is now available for download.
Earlier today the Oxygen OS 10 OTA Update was pulled back for OnePlus 6 devices since it came with a Fingerprint scanner bug. However, after fixing, the update has been resumed now. So you are good to go –
Here is an article to help you with the latest stable Android 10 based OxygenOS 10 OTA Update for OnePlus 6 along with the method of installing the OTA Update. So here we go –
What’s new in the OxygenOS 10 OTA Update for OnePlus 6?
Here is the complete changelog of the Android 10 based Oxygen OS 10 OTA Update for the OnePlus 6 device –
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
Download stable Android 10 for OnePlus 6 based on Oxygen OS 10
First of all thanks to the XDA Developer team member – Some_Random_Username for providing the download links.
Earlier today, The Android 10 based Oxygen OS 10 OTA Update was pulled back owing to some bug in the fingerprint scanner. However, now the same has been fixed through a recent update and the Oxygen OS 10 OTA Update for OnePlus 6 devices has been resumed. So here you go –
Android 10 Oxygen OS 10 for OnePlus 6
Android 10 Oxygen OS 10 for OnePlus 6T
How to Install Android 10 based Oxygen OS 10 OTA Update on OnePlus 6?
Before installing the oTA Update, here are some measures that you will have to follow –
- First of all make sure to have a complete backup of your device data.
- Good Internet or WiFi connection.
- Have at least 50% of the charging of your battery.
- Your OnePlus 6 device should have at least 3GB of storage.
- Download the OxygenOS 10 OTA Update beta build from the links mentioned above as per your device.
- Enable OEM Unlock, and USB Debugging from Developer Options on your device just in case. To do so, go to Settings > Developer Options > enable USB Debugging from there.
- Install Android SDK Platform Tools, or you can also go for Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools.
Method 1. Local Upgrade Method
- Download the latest Oxygen OS 10 based on Android 10 full stock firmware OTA Update from the link mentioned above.
- Transfer the above ROM file to the internal storage of your device.
- Put the zip file outside every folder.
- Go to the Settings app> System updates> Tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- If you see an upgrade package, click on it and then press the install option.
- Now the installation process will begin.
- Your device will then automatically reboot. Note that the first reboot might take some time.
Method 2. ADB Sideload Method
- Download OxygenOS 10 based on Android 10 OTA Update for OnePlus 6 device.
- Then Rename the file as as
update.zipand move it to the PC or whichever system you are using, i.e., Mac or Linux.
- Keep in mind to have a copy of this update zip on the storage of your device or SD Card.
- Boot your OnePlus 6 into Recovery Mode. For this, Switch off your device and then press and hold down the Power + Volume Up buttons together.
- Connect your device to the PC with the help of USB Cables.
- Open the Command prompt or terminal window where you have installed the OTA Zip. For this, type cmd in the search bar and then press the Enter key.
- Now navigate to the Device Recovery & then select ‘Apply Updates from ADB.’
- Go to the location where you have saved the OTA Zip file on the PC. Now flash the OTA by entering the below command – remember to put the actual filename in-between ‘< >’ and also the exact name with its proper extension. Do not use ‘< >’ in the actual command.
adb sideload <filename>.zip
For Mac users –
./adb sideload <filename>.zip
For Linux –
“Sudo ADB sideload <filename>.zip”
- Confirm your action and wait until the update is finished.
- Reboot your device. The Update will be installed on your device.
Method 3. Stock Recovery
- Download Android 10 OxygenOS 10 OTA update for OnePlus 6 from above.
- Now Rename it as
update.zipand move this file to the PC or whichever system you are using i.e. Mac or Linux.
- Make sure to have a copy of this update zip on the storage of your device or SD Card.
- Reboot your OnePlus device into Recovery Mode. For this, simply turn of your device completely and then press and hold down the Power + Volume Up.
- Once you have entered the stock recovery mode, make use of the volume buttons to navigate and choose – “apply update from SD card“.
- Go to the update zip file (BSI4-to-ZSJ8 ) in the SD card and press the power button to choose it.
- The Update will now start. It might take a while so be patient until then.
- Now that you have finished the step, repeat the same for the further OTA Updates like beta 2, beta 3, and more
- Enter the below command to reboot into Recovery Mode –
adb reboot recovery
Hope the article was useful and I assume you have by now downloaded the Android 10 based Oxygen OS 10 OTA Update on your OnePlus 6 device. For any doubts, feel free to let us know in the comment section below.
Happy Androiding 🙂
Basically a gamer, I tend to find Android so amusing that ended up creating a blog where I could share with you all that i am aware of and could be. Passion overtook me to an extent that I decided to be a full time technology blogger. Besides gaming, eating sleeping and Androiding is what keeps me going!