Realme, which was the sub-brand of OPPO just like POCO was sub-brand of Xiaomi, is now rolling out Android 10 update for Realme XT. Finally, the Realme XT users have got the much-awaited Android 10 update. The update has started rolling out on the Realme XT devices all across the globe.
Many of the Indian users have reported that they received an update on the Realme Community Forum. Here are some screenshots of the update –
As shown above, the Android 10 Update has brought along all the Android 10 goodies like dark mode (shown in the above images), focus mode, live mode, Privacy and location controls, gesture navigation and so on.
But most importantly, along with all of that, Realme has also induced the Android 10 based Realme UI update on the device. It is because of this inclusion of both Android 10 as well as Realme UI that have added to the Update size which is 3.5 GB. The update comes in the Version number – RMX1921EX_11_C.01.
To know what else is included in this update, you can go through the below changelog which will give you an idea of what you can expect from this update except for Android 10 goodies.
Realme XT Android 10 Update log
- Realme XT Android 10 Update log
- How to Check for Android 10 based Realme UI OTA update on Realme XT?
- Download Realme XT Android 10 Update
- How to Update Realme XT to Android 10?
Here is the entire changelog of this huge update –
• Updated UI to realme UI
• Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.[Smart Sidebar]
• Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation.
• Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode.
• Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”.
• Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app.[Screenshot]
• Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release it to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• Optimized: New Android 10 navigation gestures
• Optimized gestures:
All gestures are supported in landscape mode.[System]
• Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added whole new charging animation.
• Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Added pause feature for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimized system built-in ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• New management feature for recent tasks: You can view memory of recent tasks and locked apps.[Games]
• Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimized loading animation for Game Space.[Homescreen]
• Added new live wallpapers.
• Added artistic wallpapers.
• Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on homescreen.
• Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on homescreen.
• Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operation.
• Support for animated wallpapers on the lockscreen.
• Added a Simple Mode for homescreen, featuring larger fonts, icons and a clearer layout.[Security]
• Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.[Tools]
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Added audio source selection for screen recording[Camera]
• Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimized the Timer UI and sound.[Photos]
• Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different
• realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.[Settings]
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.[Music]
• Added Dual Mode Music Share in realme Lab
How to Check for Android 10 based Realme UI OTA update on Realme XT?
If you have a Realme XT device, you can check if you have received the Android 10 Update or not by going to the Settings > System > Software Update. Tap on Check for Updates. If the new system update RMX1921_11_C.01 is available you will be notified of the same. Just tap on the update to download it. But make sure you are connected to a WiFi network for the update is huge! And certainly, you do not want to interrupt the process or terminate it and then perform everything all over again!
Although many people with Realme XT are receiving the Latest Android 10 based Realme UI update on their devices yet many users still haven’t got it and are eagerly waiting for the update. So if you are one of them, you can rely on the below download links and install methods to install Android 10 based Realme UI update on Realme XT.
Download Realme XT Android 10 Update
The Android 10 update for Realme XT is now out. This update is an OTA update. Hence it will be released in patches. So you might get this update sooner or later.
If you have not got the update yet or if you are not patient enough, you can download the update from below download links and then install it on your device using any of the methods – ADB Sideload or Stock Recovery method.
Here are the download links of the Realme XT Android 10 update. You can update your Realme XT device using any of the below methods.
Note – Download the update on Realme XT only over a WiFi network as the update size is huge (3.5 GB)
Download Realme XT Android 10 Update ( Comming Soon)
How to Update Realme XT to Android 10?
If you do not want to wait for long and want this amazing and huge update on your Realme XT as soon as possible, you can download it from the above links and then install the update on your device using the below simple methods. But before that, here are some pre-requirements that you will need to follow in order to install the update –
Prerequisites to install Android 10 on Realme XT
- Whenever you perform any such methods that involve the system of your device, for example, Rooting, Flashing ROM files, etc, it is necessary to take a complete backup of your device data. Although installing OTA update will not generally erase all of your data but precautions is always better than a cure. So first of all, you will have to backup your complete data on Realme XT. You can copy the data in the memory card or in laptop.
To back up your data go to Settings>Additional Settings>Back Up and Reset>Backup & Restore. Then choose the data to be backed up.
- Make sure that you have ample battery power. Updating is a crucial and quite lengthy method and you would not want to perform the entire process again on your realme. Hence make sure that the mobile battery is charged more than at least 60%.
- Do not turn off your device while the update installation process is still going on. If you do any such hindrance in the way of the update installation, you will have to begin from scratch.
- Make sure you have a Realme XT device and you do not download and install this update on any other device even if it’s from Realme Brand. Every update is device-specific and if you try to download an OTA update for one device on another, you might most probably face consequences in the form of some damage to your device.
1. Update Realme XT to Android 10 via SIMPLE MODE
- Move the downloaded android 10 OTA zip file to the phone’s internal storage.
- Go to the file manager and navigate to downloaded firmware.
- Tap on firmware and Click on update now.
- Be patient until the update is installed.
- Soon Realme XT will reboot during the installation process.
You are done here. Enjoy your update with its latest features. If this method is not easy for you, you can try the below method –
2. Install Realme XT Android 10 Update using RECOVERY MODE
- Assuming that you have downloaded the above Update file,transfer the firmware (update zip file) to the internal storage of your device or memory card.
- Then turn off your Realme XT.
- Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- For this long press the Power and Volume Down buttons, until your phone boots into Recovery Mode.
- Change the language to English or the one you are familiar with.
- Hit the Install from Storage Device option that comes under ColorOS recovery.
- Choose the firmware and then confirm to update.
- Be patient until the firmware is installed on your device.
That is it. The update will be installed on your device. you can now enjoy the Android 10 based Realme UI on your Realme XT.
It is very crucial that you update your device regularly whenever an update, no matter how small, is availble. Updates keep the device up to date and let you enjoy all the features and advantages of the device to its fullest. I assume that you found the article of use in updating your Realme XT to Android 10.
I hope you liked the article! Ask us freely in case you have any questions.
Stay tuned for more such updates!
Basically a gamer, I tend to find Android so amusing that ended up creating a blog where I could share with you all that i am aware of and could be. Passion overtook me to an extent that I decided to be a full time technology blogger. Besides gaming, eating sleeping and Androiding is what keeps me going!