Google released its latest and greatest Android 10 update for its Pixel series devices. This was soon followed by OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 6 series devices as OnePlus had promised its users the latest Android iteration as soon as possible. But it isn’t limited to the OP 6 and 7 series device. OnePlus also assured its OnePlus 5 and 5T users to release Android 10 in 2020. The brand now seems to be working in that direction. Recently, OnePlus released Oxygen OS 9.0.11 OTA Update for OnePlus 5 and 5T.
This latest OOS 9.0.11 Update comes in a size of 335 MB with the latest February 2020 Security Patch Level. That’s all the update brings hence the small size. But it is always essential to keep your device updated to its latest software version available for a better user exeprience. Hence, if you are looking forward to downloading the OOS 9.0.11 OTA Update on your OnePlus 5 and 5T, keep scrolling!
Download Oxygen OS 9.0.11 OTA update for OnePlus 5 and 5T
The Oxygen OS 9.0.11 OTA Update is now being released for OnePlus 5 and 5T all over. Users can download this update directly from their OnePlus 5 device by going to the Settings> System Updates> Check for OTA Updates> Download the latest update, if available.
However, just like any other OTA Update, this one too will be rolled out in patches and hence you might receive it sooner or later on your OnePlus 5/ 5T Device. In case you are not patient enough just like me and many of use, you can anytime download the OnePlus 5/5T Oxygen OS 9.0.11 OTA Update from the links mentioned below. Just click on them using your OP5 device and install like any other OTA Update.
Oxygen OS 9.0.11 for OnePlus 5 Full OTA download link
Oxygen OS 9.0.11 for OnePlus 5T Full OTA download link
Update OnePlus 5 and 5T to Oxygen OS 9.0.11
You can make use of any of the below three methods to install the Oxygen OS 9.0.11 OTA Update on your OnePlus 5/5T. The easiest would be the Local Upgrade method if you have not received the notification of the update on your device yet. Before installing the OOS 9.0.11 OTA Update on OnePlus 5/5T, here are some measures that you will have to follow –
- Whatever the out-of-the-box method you are doing on your device, it is always better to stay a step ahead and secure. Data on your device could be very important to you and you might not want to lose it while updating your device to make it perform better. although the risk of losing data is very less while updating device software prevention is always better than cure. so, first of all, make sure to have a complete backup of your device data.
- When you are updating your device is it is essential that the process is completed in one go. If there are any hindrances, you will have to repeat the complete procedure right from scratch. For this, a Good Internet or WiFi connection is needed. You do not want to download the update with a slow internet connection.
- Again, you do not want to stop the updating process in between and then repeat everything once again. So make sure that you have at least 50% of the charging of your battery to keep the process going on smoothly.
- Download the OxygenOS 9.0.11 OTA Update beta build from the links mentioned above as per your device.
- Enable OEM Unlock, and USB Debugging from Developer Options on your device just in case. To do so, go to Settings > Developer Options > enable USB Debugging from there.
- Install Android SDK Platform Tools, or you can also go for Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools.
Here are the three methods you can try to manually update your OnePlus 5/5T to the latest OOS 9.0.11 Update –
#1. Local Upgrade Method
This would be the simplest method to update your OnePlus device to the latest version. All you need to have is a full stock firmware zip file of the latest update. The best part about this method is that it does not harm your phone data. But precaution is better than cure. So make sure you have taken a complete device backup.
- To begin with, download the latest Android 10 OTA Update full stock firmware zip from the links mentioned above.
- Transfer the above update ROM file to the internal storage or device storage.
- Now put the zip file outside every folder.
- Then navigate to Settings app> System updates> tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- Now the Local Upgrade option will look for an upgrade package.
- When you see an upgrade package, click on it and then on the install option.
That is it. That’s how easy it was to update your OnePlus 5/5T to the latest OOS 9.0.11 using the Local Upgrade Method.
#2. Stock Recovery Method
- Download OxygenOS 9.0.11 OTA update for OnePlus 5/5T from above.
- Now Rename it as
update.zipand move this file to the PC or whichever system you are using i.e. Mac or Linux.
- Make sure to have a copy of this update zip on the storage of your device or SD Card.
- Reboot your OnePlus device into Recovery Mode. For this, simply turn of your device completely and then press and hold down the Power + Volume Up.
- Once you have entered the stock recovery mode, make use of the volume buttons to navigate and choose – “apply update from SD card“.
- Go to the update zip file (BSI4-to-ZSJ8 ) in the SD card and press the power button to choose it.
- The Update will now start. It might take a while so be patient until then.
- Now that you have finished the step, repeat the same for the further OTA Updates like beta 2, beta 3, and more
- Enter the below command to reboot into Recovery Mode –
adb reboot recovery
Do not miss – Samsung Game Plugins APK Download
#3. ADB Sideload Method
- Download OOS 9.0.11 OTA Update for OnePlus 5/5T.
- Then Rename the file as as
update.zipand move it to the PC or whichever system you are using, i.e., Mac or Linux.
- Keep in mind to have a copy of this update zip on the storage of your device or SD Card.
- Boot your OnePlus 5/5T into Recovery Mode. For this, Switch off your device and then press and hold down the Power + Volume Up buttons together.
- Connect your device to the PC with the help of USB Cables.
- Open the Command prompt or terminal window where you have installed the OTA Zip. For this, type cmd in the search bar and then press the Enter key.
- Now navigate to the Device Recovery & then select ‘Apply Updates from ADB.’
- Go to the location where you have saved the OTA Zip file on the PC. Now flash the OTA by entering the below command – remember to put the actual filename in-between ‘< >’ and also the exact name with its proper extension. Do not use ‘< >’ in the actual command.
adb sideload <filename>.zip
For Mac users –
./adb sideload <filename>.zip
For Linux –
“Sudo ADB sideload <filename>.zip”
- Confirm your action and wait until the update is finished.
- Reboot your device. The Update will be installed on your device.
That is it. I hope you have found the article of use. In case you have any questions, put them in the comment section below. We will be glad to help you out.