The Samsung Snapdragon Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus are now receiving the latest Stable Android 10 Update in the US. After the Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy S10 devices, Galaxy Note 9 device, the Exynos Snapdragon S9 variants received the OneUI 2.0 Based Android 10 updated earlier this year. Finally, even the Snapdragon Galaxy S9/S9 Plus is on the list too. If you are a Samsung Snapdragon Galaxy S9/S9 Plus user, here is a complete guide on how you can download and install Android 10 based on OneUI 2.0 latest update on your Galaxy S9 device.
In this guide, we will be first of all-flash the full stock firmware using the Odin Flash tool. You can, of course, wait for the official notification to come on your Galaxy S9 device and then go to the Settings > System Updates > Download OTA updates manually. However, if you are not patient enough and want the update right now, you can follow the easy guide below –
Download OneUI 2.0 based Stable Android 10 for Snapdragon Galaxy S9/S9 Plus
Given below is the link to download the full stock firmware file for Snapdragon Galaxy S9/S9 Plus. Note that the size of this file is nearly 2GB and hence it is recommended to perform this update over a reliable WiFi connection. Once you download the file from below, you can extract it to get a TAR file. After which you can go ahead and flash Android 10 on your Snapdragon Galaxy S9/S9 Plus.
Download Android 10 for Snapdragon Galaxy S9/S9 Plus
Download Full Stock Odin firmware directly from Samsung Servers
- Download and extract the latest SamFirm tool or the Frija Samsung Firmware Downloader.
- Now go to the Settings> About Phone on your Galaxy S9 and then note down the model number like SM-G960U/SM-G965U.
- Now search the CSC code for your Galaxy S9 phones from here. In this case, we used TMB/SPR for Android 10.
- Enter the model number and region code.
- Now check the Auto box and the decrypt automatically box.
- Click on the check updates option.
- When you see the details, click on the download button.
That’s how easy it is to download stock Odin firmware directly from Samsung Servers. You can now download the latest firmware file for your Galaxy S9 and then download the firmware update on your Galaxy S9 device. Given below is a guide on how you can flash this file using Odin Flash tool.
Install Android 10 for Snapdragon Galaxy S9 using Odin Flash tool
Before getting into the installation guide, make sure you have followed the below requirements –
- The most crucial prerequisite that one will need to follow is to take a complete backup of your device data. Processes like these might end up wiping out all of your phone data including files, music, media, audio, images, contacts, apps, etc. Hence, make sure that you have taken a complete backup of it.
- Download DSLB stock firmware using SamFirm tool or Frija Tool
- Download latest Odin3-v3.14.1.zip or Download Odin 3.13.3 (Gdrive link)
- Samsung USB Drivers ( AFH mirror download)
- Make sure to have at least 60% of battery power so that you do no get interrupted by any hindrances.
- You will need to establish a connection between your PC and the Galaxy S9 device. Hence make sure that you have good and reliable USB Cables.
Assuming that you have followed all the above necessary requirements, you can now proceed to install Android 10 on Snapdragon Galaxy S9/S9 Plus.
- To begin with, turn off your Galaxy S9 device.
- Then reboot it into Download mode or Odin mode.
- For this, just press and hold the Volume Down + Bixby + Power Buttons altogether.
- When the Samsung logo appears, you will see a screen with a warning sign. Press the Volume Up button to continue. You will now be in the Odin Mode.
- Now download and extract the latest Odin FlashTool from the links mentioned above. You can make use of the modified Odin tool in case that does not work.
odin.exefile as administrator.
- Using the USB Cables, connect your Galaxy S9 to PC.
- Odin will now output a message – “Added!!”.
- Download and extract the firmware zip file in order to get TAR image files.
- Add these firmware files to Odin. In case there is only one file, then add it into the [AP] slot. Or else, you can add to the Odin sections appropriately. For instance, BL for BL, AP for AP, CP for CP, CSC for CSC (not HOME_CSC).
- In the options tab, see that only “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” are selected.
- Go through the log tab and hit the Start button.
- Soon the Output will be shown in the log.
- When the flash is successful, the log will say – PASS.
Do not forget to check – Download latest Google Assistant Dark Mode APK and Google Search
More on Samsung –
- Download One UI 2.0 based Android 10 Beta 6 for Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus
- Android 10 Stable Download for Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus
- Updated: Samsung Galaxy S20 series all leaks; Galaxy S20 Plus Leaked images
- Android 10 download for Snapdragon Galaxy Note 9 based on One UI 2.0 Stable build
- Samsung Galaxy Flip Z undergoes Price Reduction
I hope the article helped you out in downloading and installing Android 10 for Snapdragon Galaxy S9/ S9 Plus. In case you are stuck at any of the above steps, feel free to let us know in the comment section below. We will be glad to help you out. Also, stay tuned with us for more such amazing posts.
Basically a gamer, I tend to find Android so amusing that ended up creating a blog where I could share with you all that i am aware of and could be. Passion overtook me to an extent that I decided to be a full time technology blogger. Besides gaming, eating sleeping and Androiding is what keeps me going!