OnePlus is very well known for its ability of releasing the best and latest updates for their devices. After the OnePlus 2020 Screen Technology Communication and rumors about the OnePlus 8 to come with 2K OLED Display and 120Hz refresh rate, OnePlus has again hit the limelight by releasing a HotFix OTA Update for OnePlus 6 and 6T by the name OxygenOS 10.3.1.
What’s interesting to note here is that the OnePlus 7 and the OnePlus 6 series both received the most awaited Android 10 Update which was based on Oxygen OS 10.3.0 OTA update. However, it seemed that Android 10 did not work well for the OP6 series as many OnePlus 6 series users reported bugs with this latest update.
Hence to address the issues caused by that update, OnePlus is releasing Oxygen OS 10.3.1 Hotfix OTA update for OnePlus 6 and 6T. Although the Oxygen OS 10.0.1 update was also released as a Hotfix to deal with the large amount of Bugs and stability issues that had come to OnePlus 6/6T yet there was a lot more to be fixed which is finally and hopefully being addressed by this latest 10.3.1 Hotfix Update.
For all the frustrated OnePlus 6 and 6T users our there, do not need to worry anymore as we are here for you with this latest hotfix update to help you deal with all the issues you had been facing even the rebooting one!
The update is now live and has started rolling out to OnePlus 6 as well as 6T devices. Just note that this hotfix update is an OTA update at last and hence just like any other OTA update, this one too will be released in patches. Hence you might get this update sooner or later.
I can however understand your pain. If you too are not patient enough as me, you can simple download this OTA hotfix update and then install it on your OnePlus 6/6T device by following the below guide!
Changelog of OxygenOS 10.3.1 Hotfix Update for OnePlus 6/6T
The changelog for OP 6/6T seems to have brought a number of major stability and bug fixes as belows along with the December 2019 Security patch level and a lot more –
- Fixed the issue with a black screen appearing after unlocking the device using a fingerprint
- Fixed the issue with the animation logo while rebooting device
- Fixed the issue with device heating up while charging
- Fixed the random disconnection issue with 5Ghz hotspot
- Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
- Updated security patch to 2019.12
- Optimized the image preview time in the Pro mode
- Fixed the camera crash issue
- Fixed the issue with videos and images not displaying in the gallery
As you can see the OnePlus 6/6T Android 10 based Oxygen OS 10.3.1 hotfix update has brought along fix for the Camera crash as well as rebooting issues in the OnePlus 6/6T.
Via this major update, a number of fixes of many identified bugs have been made along with improvements in system stability. The update has dealt with the bug of device unlocking wherein the screen would go black after unlocking the phone with a fingerprint.
In addition to this, the overheating issue that occurred during charging the devices as well as the random connection drops that happened when connected to 5GHz Wi-Fi hotspots have been addressed.
So basically, a number of improvements have come along with this update. Be calm as you will get all these fixes on your OnePlus 6. If you want to check if you have got this update yet on your OnePlus 6/6T, you can check it by going to the Settings >System updates>Latest Update> tap to install. However, if you do not see any new updates there, here is what can help you –
In this article, we have mentioned the download links for the latest Oxygen OS 10.3.1 OTA Hotfix update for OnePlus 6 and 6T. Just click on the link below and follow the below update installation method to get the latest hotfix update on your device. But before that, do have a look at the changelog which will motivate you even more to download the update ASAP.
Download OnePlus 6 and 6T Android 10 based Oxygen OS 10.3.1 HotFix OTA Update
Here are the links to download the latest Android 10 based Oxygen OS 10.3.1 Hotfix OTA update zip file that you can download on your OP 6 series device and then install it using the short guide given below and finally get rid of all the issues that you had been facing from the previous updates!
Download OnePlus 6 Oxygen OS 10.3.1 Hotfix OTA update (stay tuned)
Once you download the above update zip file, simply follow the below guide to update OnePlus 6/6T to android 10 based Oxygen OS 10.3.1
Also check – Xiaomi Mi A2 Official Android 10 OTA update Download
How to Update OnePlus 6/6T to Android 10 based Oxygen OS 10.3.1 Update?
The below short yet simple guide will help you in installing the OnePlus 6 or 6T Oxygen OS 10.3.1 hotfixOTA update but Before you get into the installation guide, you need to follow a few Mandatory requirements first!
- Having ample amount of battery power is always so crucial. If you cant go to your college or office without getting your phone charges enough, how can you not be prepared with enough battery percentage to install an OTA update that will change your device is some or the other way? Make sure to have a battery percentage of atleast 60%.
- Just note that every update especially an OTA update is specific to a device. it is simply meant only for better functioning of that device. So if an OTA update comes for a certain device, in this case, OnePlus 6/6T, do not try to install it on any other device even if it is a OnePlus device. Follow the below procedure only on a OnePlus 6/6T or you might end up damaging your device.
- Although device data is hardly lost while installing an OTA update, it is always better to have a complete backup of your device data before indulging in any system related procedures like Rooting, Flashing, etc.
Here’s a short guide one can use to install the latest 10.3.1 hotfix OTA update on OnePlus 6/6T –
- Assuming you have downloaded the above Oxygen OS 10.3.1 OTA update, transfer or copy that update zip file to the root directory of the internal storage of your OnePlus 6/6T.
- Now go to the Settings app.
- Go to the bottom of the screen until you find the System Update option. Tap on it.
- Now look at the top right so you can click on the Gear icon.
- Then tap on the Local Upgrade option
- Locate and tap on the latest Oxygen OS 10.3.1 OTA update file in the list.
- Tap on the option of Install Now.
- Be patient until the latest Oxygen OS 10.3.1 update is installed on your OnePlus 6/6T.
- Lastly, tap on the Reboot option so as to finish installing the update.
That is it. you are done here. You have successfully installed the latest Oxygen OS 10.3.1 Hotfix OTA update on your OnePlus 6 Or 6T.
Do let us know your experience with this latest hotfix update for OnePlus 6/6T. We will be glad to hear from you.
Stay tuned for more such updates!
Basically a gamer, I tend to find Android so amusing that ended up creating a blog where I could share with you all that i am aware of and could be. Passion overtook me to an extent that I decided to be a full time technology blogger. Besides gaming, eating sleeping and Androiding is what keeps me going!