Samsung is occupied by releasing updates to its devices like One UI 2.0 stable Android 10 Update for Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Beta testers, Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10 Plus. The next Samsung device on the way of receiving Android 10 stable certainly seems to be the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus that is now receiving the Android 10 Beta 6 Update based on OneUI 2.0 ZTA9 build.
Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Android 10 beta 6 update –
The latest Beta 6 update for Android 10 based on One UI 2.0 ZTA9 build comes with a build number of G965FXXU7ZTA9/G965FOXM7ZTA9/G965FXXU7ZTA2. It has also brought along the January 2020 Security Patch level and has comparatively smaller size than the previous updates.
Although the size of this latest beta 6 update is small, it sure does bring a lot of crucial changes in the system which the users shall experience soon enough.
The Beta 6 has updated the Samsung Camera to version 10.0.01.49. It has fixed a few issues that include- unable to enter PIN in Samsung Pay Security Keyboard, that does not appear as the SIM card image is set in DUAL SIM card status. It has also addressed the issues that did not work to prevent malfunction filter and unable to use mobile data do not show up for some operators like MVNO.
All of the above hint that Beta 6 is a crucial update and most importantly one of the or last beta updates before we get a Stable Android 10 update for Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus.
However, if you are not patient enough to wait a few more days or are on the One UI 2.0 Beta program for Android 10 on Galaxy S9/S9 Plus, then here are the links to download the update.
You can download the captured Beta 6 Update on your Galaxy S9/S9 Plus and then install the update zip file using either Stock Recovery Method or ADB Sideload Method.
Download One UI 2.0 ZTA9 Build based Android 10 Beta 6 for Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9+
Here are the links to download the Previous Beta 5 Android 10 Update for Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus and along with that we have mentioned the latest Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Android 10 Beta 6 Update which is based on One UI 2.0 ZTA9 build.
Note that the size of the update is nearly 116 MB and hence downloading it over mobile network shouldn’t be an issue.
Previous Beta 5 Android 10 Update (Download first)
Downloads – Android 10 beta 6 ZTA9 build
Exynos Galaxy S9+ One UI 2.0
Exynos Galaxy S9 One UI 2.0
Download G960FXXU7ZTA2 to ZTA9 (coming soon…)
Now a major issue is going to be experienced by the regular Samsung Galaxy S9 users did not get the earlier Beta 4. Hence the Beta 4 Hotfix and Beta 6 are not useful without the Beta 4.
This means that the regular S9 users may not get the next Betas as Samsung released a defective Beta 4 update and had to quickly release another HotFix for the S9. That is why we could not capture the Beta 4 update.
Do not miss – Top 8 Best Samsung FRP Tools of 2020 | Free Download
However, it is nothing serious that the Galaxy S9 users need to worry about. As the Note 9 experienced, S9 too will get an update in the coming future and that too real soon. You can easily flash the updates using Odin Flash tool.
The Samsung Memebers app has provided the information on the updates schedule for the Galaxy devices. As per their statements, S9 will receive android 10 Stable update in January 2020 in other regions while in February 2020 in the North America.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus to Android 10 Beta 6 Update?
Here are two easy methods you can follow to install the Android 10 Beta 6 Update zip on your Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus –
Stock Recovery Method (OTA update zip installation)
- To start with, you should have a Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus. In case you are using the ASII Software version on your device then you do not have to follow this step.
- Download ASII ZSJ8 OTA update zip from above. Then Rename it as
update.zipand move this file to the PC or whichever system you are using i.e. Mac or Linux.
- Do not forget to have a copy of this update zip on the storage of your device or SD Card. Now reboot the Samsung Galaxy S9 series device into Recovery Mode.
- To do so, simply turn off your device completely and then press and hold down the Power + Volume Up + Bixby buttons altogether.
- Once you have entered the stock recovery mode, make use of the volume buttons to navigate and choose – “apply update from SD card“.
- Go to the update zip file (ASII -> ZSJ8 ) in the SD card and press the power button to choose it.
- The Update will now begin. It may take some while just be patient until then. Now that you have finished the step, repeat the same for the further OTA Updates and more
Use the below command to reboot into Recovery Mode –
adb reboot recovery
If you do not have an SD card option, you can use the ADB Sideload method which has been described below.
ADB Sideload Method
Follow the step number from 1 to 3 and then choose ‘Apply Update from ADB’ in the fourth step.
- Now that you have followed steps 1 to 3 from the above method, we will get to the next part.
- Connect your Android device to the PC and open a terminal window or command prompt on it where you have installed the OTA Zip. For this, just type cmd on the search bar and then press the Enter key.
- Go to Device Recovery and choose ‘Apply Updates from ADB.
- Navigate to the location where you have saved the OTA Zip file on the PC. Now flash the OTA by entering the below command – Just remember to put the actual filename in-between ‘< >’, and also the exact name with its proper extension. Do not use ‘< >’ in the actual command.
adb sideload <filename>.zip
For Mac users –
“./adb sideload <filename>.zip’
For Linux –
“Sudo ADB sideload <filename>.zip”
- Confirm your action and wait until the upgrade is completed.
- reboot your device.
In a nutshell, considering the time taken by Note 9, Galaxy S9 might anytime soon receive the Android 10 Stable update. You just gotta be a little more patient.
Stay tuned for more updates in the story!