Just a month ago, the latest Android OS, Android 10, was released by Google. Along with that, Beta versions for Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro were also started on the same day, and Xiaomi kept its promise of releasing Android 10 for Xiaomi users on the same day of Google. And now, we have the stable version of MIUI 11 China Stable ROM for Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro, which is based on Android 10.
The China stable ROM is already available for download with build number MIUI 126.96.36.199 for the Redmi K20 Pro. The China beta ROM is already open since October 11. The MIUI 188.8.131.52 is the China Stable ROM with the latest Android 10. So what is it that you are still waiting for? Let’s hop into the article!
Features of MIUI 11 OTA update for Redmi K20 Pro based on Android 10
- Features of MIUI 11 OTA update for Redmi K20 Pro based on Android 10
- Specifications of Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro (MI 9T Pro)
- MIUI 11 Supportive Devices List
- Download MIUI 11 for Redmi K20 Pro (Mi 9T Pro)
- Update Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro to latest MIUI 11 based on Android 10
The Android 10 based MIUI 11 OTA update will officially roll out from October 22, 2019, globally. Since this OTA Update is based on Android 10, yes, it includes the Android 10 goodies like Focus Mode, Live Mode, System-Wide dark mode, intuitive Gesture Navigation, and so on. But apart from all of those, here main features of the MIUI 11 from the recent Xiaomi launch event are as follows –
- Digital Wellbeing – lets users track the time spent on smartphones, limit time spent on apps.
- Updates – Updated Music app, Updated Mi Share, Updated Documents.
- Design changes to UI – New Minimalist Design, Always on feature, Wallpaper Carousel, Dynamic video wallpapers, Dynamic Clock, Themes, Dynamic ambient sounds for alarms, ringtones, and more.
- Mi Work – Docs: View your documents better in File Manager, Task: Add & manage tasks seamlessly, Calculator: Practical use cases & floating screens for smooth multi-tasking, Thumbnails for files, Mi File Share Transfer.
- Ultra Power Saving mode – all apps and features except texts and calls will be turned off, black and white screen color, allow only certain apps to be active.
- Mi life – Step counter on App Vault, Menstrual period cycle tracker on Mi Calendar, Quick call, and Quick message replies on landscape video/gaming mode.
- Enhanced Always-On-Display – More customization options, Reimagined Notification Light, Clock styles, new patterns, Symmetrical patterns on the Lock screen, Add personal texts.
- Full-Screen Dark Mode.
- Casting documents, photos, games, etc. with ScreenCast.
- Wireless printing.
Specifications of Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro (MI 9T Pro)
- Redmi K20 Pro comes with a 6.39 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen.
- It has a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels and a 19.5:9 body ratio.
- It originally came with Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10 out of the box and now the MIUI 11 and Android 10 Update is available here.
- It is powered by the Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 and Adreno 640 GPU.
- The internal storage comes as 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM with no card slot.
- It has a triple camera with a primary camera of 48 MP.
- It comes with a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery having a Fast battery Charging of 27W.
- It is available in Carbon black, Flame red, Glacier blue, Summer Honey, Pearl White colors.
You might also want to check out Install Android 10 based OneUI 2.0 Beta on Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+
MIUI 11 Supportive Devices List
Here goes a list of the MIUI 11 Supported devices list –
- POCO F1
- Redmi K20
- Redmi Y3
- Redmi 7
- Redmi Note 7
- Redmi Note 7s
- Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Redmi K20 Pro
- Redmi 6
- Redmi 7 Pro
- Redmi 6A
- Redmi Note 5
- Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Redmi 5
- Redmi 5A
- Redmi Note 4
- Redmi Y1
- Redmi Y1 Lite
- Redmi Y2
- Redmi 4
- Mi Mix 2
- Mi Max 2
- Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Redmi 7A
- Redmi 8
- Redmi 8A
- Redmi Note 8
- Redmi Note 8 Pro
Now that you have seen the features this Update brings, here is the download link and then method to install the
Download MIUI 11 for Redmi K20 Pro (Mi 9T Pro)
Given below is the full stock firmware OTA Update for the MIUI 11 based on Android 10 for the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro, also known as Mi 9T Pro. This is the latest Stable China ROM. The size of this update is 2 GB, and thus it is recommended to have a stable and reliable WIFI connection.
If you have a previous China Stable Update, then you can check for the OTA Update by going to the Settings> About Phone> System Updates> Check for OTA Updates> Download OTA Update.
In case you do not get the update, then here is the MIUI 11 OTA Update based on the latest Android 10 for Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro.
Xiaomi K20 / Mi 9T MIUI 11.0.2
Downloads for TWRP recovery –
In case you have a rooted K20 Pro device and you want to flash it using the TWRP recovery, then here is the TWRP recovery and the latest MIUI 184.108.40.206 zip –
Install OrangeFox Recovery – Download
MIUI 10 (Android 10) v10.4.8.0 For RAPHAELIN – Download
Update Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro to latest MIUI 11 based on Android 10
Here is how you can update your Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro, also known as Mi 9T Pro to the latest MIUI 11 based on Android 10 Firmware Update. But before that, make sure to follow the requirements mentioned –
- Ensure that your Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro is on the latest stable ROM.
- Download the MIUI 11 OTA update zip from the links mentioned above.
- Download ADB and Fastboot on your PC, or you can also download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
Method 1. Update Redmi K20 Pro to Latest MIUI 11 Without PC
Assuming that you have followed the above requirements, let us begin with the update guide.
- Transfer the downloaded MIUI 11 OTA Zip to the storage of your device in the root directory. That is, not in any folder. But if it does not work, then place the file in the folder ‘download_rom.’
- Now launch the updater app on your Redmi K20. Or you can navigate to the Settings > About phone > System updates.
- Tap on the three dots at the rightmost corner and select the ROM package.
- Choose the OTA zip that you downloaded.
- It will decrypt and update your K20 (Pro).
If you do not find this method reliable or working, you can switch to a more reliable and effective way which is given below –
Method 2. Install MIUI 11 Using ADB Sideload Method
- Download the above given MIUI 11 OTA Update based on the latest Android 10 for Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro.
- Then Rename it as
update.zipand move this file to the PC or whichever system you are using, i.e. Mac or Linux.
- Do keep in mind to have a copy of this update zip on the storage of your device or SD Card.
- Now boot your Redmi K20 Pro into Recovery Mode. To do so, Turn off your device and then press and hold down the Power + Volume Up buttons together.
- Connect your device to the PC.
- Open a Command prompt or a terminal window where you have installed the OTA Zip. For this, type cmd in the search bar and then press the Enter key.
- Go to the ‘Device Recovery and then select ‘Apply Updates from ADB.’
- Now go to a location where you have saved the OTA Zip file on the PC. Now flash the OTA by entering the below command – remember to put the actual filename in-between ‘< >’ and also the exact name with its proper extension. Do not use ‘< >’ in the actual command.
adb sideload <filename>.zip
For Mac users –
./adb sideload <filename>.zip
For Linux –
“Sudo ADB sideload <filename>.zip”
- Confirm your action and wait until the update is finished.
- At last, reboot your device.
More on Android 10 –
- Android 10 Download for Snapdragon Galaxy S10+ One UI 2.0 beta OTA update zip [T-Mobile USA]
- Android 10 Download for Exynos Galaxy S10e, S10, and S10 Plus One UI 2.0 beta [OTA update zip]
- Download and Install Nokia 8.1 Android 10 OTA Update
- Oxygen OS 10.0.1 Hotfix update Plus Android 10 out for OnePlus 7 (Pro) [OTA downloads]
Soon your device will be updated to Android 10. Just make sure not to stop the update in between, or you will have to repeat from step 1. I hope the article was of use and helped you in Updating your Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro (MI 9T Pro) to the latest MIUI 11 Based Android 10 OS. Let us know in the comment section for any doubts.
Happy Androiding 🙂
Basically a gamer, I tend to find Android so amusing that ended up creating a blog where I could share with you all that i am aware of and could be. Passion overtook me to an extent that I decided to be a full time technology blogger. Besides gaming, eating sleeping and Androiding is what keeps me going!