Recently the latest Android OS was released by Google and it was rolled out for all the Pixel Phones along with Redmi K20 series. LineageOS, which is a renown Custom ROM for Android devices is now paving its way for the Android 10 based LineageOS 17. This will be soon available for most of the Android 10 devices. Recently, Xiaomi Mi 6 phone also got the LineageOS 17.
In this article, we have shared the Lineage OS 17 features, list of devices that will be getting this ROM and the methods to download and install it on your smartphone. So here you go –
What is LineageOS 17?
LineageOS 17 is an open-source and free operating system for set-top boxes, smartphones, computers, tablets that are based on the Android Linux distribution. The LineageOS 17 is based on Android 10 which was recently announced by Google. This ROM for Android devices brings up some really amazing features like the Android Q.
Is it Safe to Use LineageOS 17?
Most of the Android users are confused about the LineageOS and whether this Android Custom ROM is reliable and safe or not. Well, to clarify this, let me introduce to the number of active installations – 1.5 Million. The LineageOS has compatibility with most of the Android devices. This might be enough to let you know about the popularity of this ROM.
Very rarely Android Custom ROM software gets the monthly security updates and LineageOS is one of those very few ROMs that offer latest Monthly Security Patches from Google. If you have the Unofficial LineageOS 17, it will be the developer’s responsibility to provide you with the Monthly Security Updates and in case you have the Official LineageSO 17, you do not have to worry about the OTA Updates as those will arrive every week from the Official LineageOS Servers.
Lineage OS 17 based on Android 10 Q Features
After OEM Support & Long Term –
- LineageOS is compatible with devices of nearly 20+ OEMs and it also supports the devices that are older than two years where most of the OEMs ditch support for.
- Google Pushes Security Patches if your device is Android Certified.
- When you download LineageOS, the security updates are pushed by them to the devices that are supported as soon as possible.
- The trust helps users understand how secure your device is which is running on the LineageOS 17 and it also warns you if it is not secure.
LineageOS Exclusive Apps –
- With the help of developers and their own SDK and API, exclusive apps are developed for LineageOS 17.
- AudioFX, Browser, Calculator, Calendar, Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Files, FlipFlap, FM Radio, Gallery, Messaging, Music Phone, Recorder, Trebuchet are the preinstalled apps that you get in the LineageOS 17.
- Personalize Email Application.
- Own Calculator App.
- Custom dialer app with an in-built recorder.
- Because of the LineageOS, it is possible to make your device look just the way you want it.
Here are some other noteworthy features of the LineageOS 17 –
- CPU overclocking
- Grants root access (Optional)
- Notification Toggles like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS
- Custom pattern sizes (4×4, 5×5, 6×6)
- Native theme support
- FLAC audio codec support
- Huge Access Point Name list
- Wi-Fi Direct Printing
- live display
- Call Recording Tone Support
- Lock screen customization
- Systrace Android Studio Tool
- Weather providers
- System Profiles
- Expanded Desktop
- Privacy Guard (per-application permission management application)
- Other interface enhancements
- Supports tethering over common interfaces
Devices getting Lineage OS 17 Based on Android 10 Q
- Alcatel: LineageOS 17 for Alcatel Phone
- Android One: LineageOS 17 for Android One Phone
- Ark: LineageOS 17 for Ark Phone
- ASUS: LineageOS 17 for ASUS Phone
- BQ: LineageOS 17 for BQ Phone
- Essential: LineageOS 17 for Essential Phone
- Gionee: LineageOS 17 for Gionee Phone
- Google: LineageOS 17 for Google Phone
- HTC: LineageOS 17 for HTC Phone
- Huawei: LineageOS 17 for Huawei Phone
- IUNI: LineageOS 17 for IUNI Phone
- Le/Le Eco: LineageOS 17 for Le/Le Eco Phone
- Lenovo: LineageOS 17 for Lenovo Phone
- LG: LineageOS 17 for LG Phone
- Motorola: LineageOS 17 for Motorola Phone
- Nextbit: LineageOS 17 for Nextbit Phone
- OnePlus: LineageOS 17 for OnePlus Phone
- Oppo: LineageOS 17 for Oppo Phone
- Pantech: LineageOS 17 for Pantech Phone
- Samsung: LineageOS 17 for Samsung Phone
- Sony: LineageOS 17 for Sony Phone
- Tecno: LineageOS 17 for Tecno Phone
- Ulefone: LineageOS 17 for Ulefone Phone
- Wilefox: LineageOS 17 for Wileyfox Phone
- Xiaomi: LineageOS 17 for Xiaomi Phone
- Yu: LineageOS 17 for Yu Phone
- ZTE: LineageOS 17 for ZTE Phone
- Zuk: LineageOS 17 for Zuk Phone
Asus LineageOS 17 Download list
|Zenfone 6 (I01WD)||LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 6|
OnePlus LineageOS 17 Download list
|OnePlus 6 (enchilada)||LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 6|
|OnePlus 6T (fajita)||LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 6T|
Xiaomi LineageOS 17 Download list
|Mi 6 (sagit)||LineageOS 17 for Mi 6|
|Mi 9 (Cepheus)||LineageOS 17 for Mi 9|
|Mi A2 (jasmine_sprout)||LineageOS 17 for Mi A2|
|Mi Mix 2 (Chiron)||LineageOS 17 for Mi Mix 2|
We at www.androidjungles.com are not responsible for any sort of damage caused to your device after performing the below steps. This article for knowledge purpose only and we do not recommend or motivate using Custom ROMs which might be risky and come with some bugs or stability issues at times.
Download and Install Lineage OS 17 for Android Phone based on Android 10 Q
Before getting into the actual procedure, here are some prerequisites that one will have to follow to install this ROM package on their device.
PreRequisite to Download Lineage OS 17
- Make sure to have a device charging of at least 50%.
- TWRP Recovery or any other required custom Recovery should be installed.
- Android 10 Custom ROM zip & Android 10 GApps zip.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
Step 1. To begin with, transfer the Custom ROM Zip file of LineageOS 17 and GApps Zip to the storage of your device.
Step 2. In case the device is not compatible with MTP then simply copy the two files to the USB Storage.
Step 3. Now switch your device off and boot it into TWRP mode or another installed Custom Recovery Mode.
It is recommended that you use the TWRP that has been given in the above downloads section or any other system-as-root TWRP for your device.
Here the bootloader of your device will be unlocked but if it is not unlocked, do it manually.
Step 4. In the TWRP recovery, go to the option of Wipe Data and Cache Partition and Factory Reset.
Step 5. Now connect your device to the USB Storage if the Custom ROM and GApps are put on it by you.
Step 6. In the TWRP recovery, tap on Install and look for Android 10 Custom ROM Zip file. Simply flash the Zip file by swiping right. Now reboot your device.
Step 7. Go to the Install menu of TWRP and look for GApps zip file.
Step 8. Install GApps using TWRP recovery.
Finally, reboot your device and enjoy the latest Android 10 Q Based LineageOS on your device.
That was how you could download and install the LineageOS 17 which is based on Android 10 Q.
Changelog for the Latest LinegaeOS 17
Here is the latest Changelog for the LineageOS 17 –
Major changes since March 1st
Unless explicitly stated, all the changes refer to the current branch, lineage-16.0.
- AOSP’s Night Display now controls night mode (on recent devices only, such as those with a Snapdragon 820 or more recent)
- LiveDisplay remains available for all its other features
- The volume panel can now be expanded to control all the various volume streams
- The volume panel can now be optionally relocated to the left
- Expanded quick settings are back
- Detailed views for the following tiles are available: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Mobile Data, Location, Profiles
- New default wallpaper and a new wallpapers app with many new, and old, wallpapers
- Other than the usual nature, urban and abstract themed wallpapers, monochromatic and gradients wallpapers are now available
- Privacy Guard now supports apps in the Work Profile
- It’s possible to add up to two LockScreen shortcuts again
- Circle battery is back after being missing since Lineage OS 13.0
- Notification ringtone level can be unlinked from phone calls ringtone level
- GPS battery saving mode can now be enabled from the Settings
- Vim has been updated to version 8.1
- Nano has been updated to version 4.2
- The fixed issue was using certain private DNS caused devices to crash thanks to backported fix from Q
- Support for Bluetooth SBC DualChannel HD has been added (both 15.1 and 16.0)
- Performance improvements for Eleven (music player app) (both 15.1 and 16.0)
- Updated call recording configurations (both 15.1 and 16.0)
- Call recordings are (dis)allowed on countries basing on laws and/or legal precedents. Information with links is available in the source code.
- These countries now support call recording: Albania, American Samoa, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Belarus, Bonaire, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Curaçao, Cyprus, Estonia, Faroe Islands, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Georgia, Greece, Greenland, Guadeloupe, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, New Caledonia, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Peru, Russia, Réunion, Saba, Saint Barthélemy, Saint-Martin, Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon, Serbia, Singapore, Sint Eustatius, Sint Maarten, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, Ukraine and Wallis-et-Futuna.
- These countries have been blocked from call recording: Andorra, Iceland, Indonesia, Monaco, Switzerland, the United States of America and some of its territories – Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the United States Virgin Islands.
- Countries not mentioned in these lists that already had call recording enabled will retain the ability to record calls.
- April, May, and June security patches have been merged (both 15.1 and 16.0)
- WebView has been updated to Chromium 74.0.3729.157 (both 15.1 and 16.0)
That was it all about the Android 10 Q based LineageOS 17. Hope you have found the article of use.
Happy Androiding 🙂