If you are a Redmi K20 or K20 Pro user then here is something you might want to take a look at. Redmi, a Xiaomi sub-brand, has the K20 and K20 Pro flagships with a Snapdragon 855 Chipset and 4000mAh battery.
Not just that but these two K series devices are the first from the Redmi brand having an AMOLED Display. The device has a 48-megapixel primary sensor, 13-megapixel ultra-wide-angle sensor, and an 8-megapixel telephoto sensor. Coming to the front camera, it consists of a 20MP pop-up selfie camera.
You might have guessed by now that the camera quality of this device is worth it and you can click really amazing pictures here. However, what if you can further enhance it by installing the Google Camera designed Port.
Now you may think that installing the Google camera port on the Redmi device would be difficult. But let me tell you, you can easily do so and that too without unlocking the bootloader of the device. This is possible as the Redmi K20 and K20 Pro come with Camera2API enabled on them.
Meanwhile, a senior XDA developer has developed the Google camera port for Redmi K20 series. The bonus is this Gcam port also works for mi 9t, mi 9t pro.
All the major features including the Camera mode (HDR+, RAW, ZSL, Flash), Night Sight, AR stickers, portrait mode, 60 fps video recording are all included.
However, a few features are not available yet on the Gcam port. These include recording videos in slow motion and the telephoto lens when HDR+ is enabled.
But the second one is fixable as you can disable the HDR+ mode if you want to use a telephone lens.
The latest Gcam port version for Redmi K20 and K20 Pro, the issues like issues such as the frequent crashes in telephoto lens zoom issue, Night Side when using an ultra-wide lens, Auto-focus issues, and so on.
The bag and baggage changelog is here –
For the mi 9t, mi 9t pro, k20, k20 pro.
Fix AF issues.
Add support for Indian K20/Pro and Global Mi 9 (Crashes from old version should be resolved now).
Fix telephoto lens zoom issue (Indian K20/Pro might have working telephoto with hdr+ I am not 100% sure).
Add always on Night Sight shortcut toggle in settings.
So all you need to do now is follow the steps mentioned below and then you can have all the fun clicking pictures with the Google camera port on Redmi K20 and K20 Pro. So here we go –
Download Google Camera on Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro
- GCam Redmi_K20 Pro BETA 3
- Redmi_K20 Pro MI 9 V8 Gcam
- Redmi K20 Pro Google Camera 10/07/2019 Update
- K20 Pro/K20 Sanity 20/07/2019 Google Camera Update
- K20 Pro/K20 Sanity 3/8/2019 Update
Install Google Camera on Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro
The method to install the Google Camera Port on Redmi K20 and K20 Pro are very simple and all you need to do is follow the steps below.
- To begin with, Download the Google Camera Port APK file for your Redmi K20 or K20 Pro device. You can use this method for Mi9t and Mi9t Pro as well.
- Now go to the file manager app on the device.
- Navigate to the location on the internal storage where the file was saved by you.
- Then tap on the GCam Port APK file (Kv1.0_6.2.030.apk).
- Soon the ‘Package Installer’ will be launched on your device.
- Next, click on the ‘Install’ button for installing the Google Camera Port APK on the Redmi K20/K20 Pro.
- When it is installed, navigate to the app drawer and launch the Google Camera app.
- Make sure to grant it all the permissions as shown on the phone’s screen.
- That is it. You have successfully installed the Gcam port apk on Redmi K20 and K20 Pro device.
Do share your experiences after installing the Gcam port on the Redmi K20 device.