For a long time, a cold war between Epic Games and Google has been going now. But it seems like now this has all ended as Fortnite is now available to download on Google Play Store. So you can now download Fortnite for Android through Google Play Store.
Epic Games launched it’s very popular Fortnite game for Android two years back. However, this game was nowhere seen on the almost by default app installer – Google Play Store. Instead, users had to download Fortnite from Epic Games itself through the Fortnite.com site.
This was because Epic games wanted to neglect the substantial revenue cuts that Google takes from in-app purchases of Play Store downloads. Being a free game, this move was quite justifiable as the game received income only through in-app purchases.
Certainly, Google had to incur a significant loss of profits because of Epic Game’s decision. Google, however, kept arguing that downloading Android software outside of Google Play Store paved a way for a clear security threat to users who might unknowingly download malware from less reputable sites.
This is why Epic Games states that they have made Fortnite game available to download on Google Play Store. So what are you still waiting for? Go ahead and download Fortnite on Android via Google Play Store.
Download Fortnite on Android Phone through Google Play Store
Fortnite App information
App Name – Fortnite
Version – 12.5
Last Updated – 16 April 2020
App size – 35 MB
Total downloads – 1 Million+
Features of Fortnite Battle Royale
Here are some amazing features of the Fortnite Battle Royale –
- Stats Tracker – View Battle Royale Player Stats grouped by squad type. Favorite Players for even quicker lookups. You can also compare that stats of any two Battle Royale players, perfect for tracking how you are doing compared to your friends.
- Store – Shows all the items currently for sale in the BR Store, with images and vbucks prices.
- Leaderboards – Supports all squad types and input methods/platforms.
- Battle Royale Map – It includes an overlay of possible interesting items, such as chest spawns.
- Battle Pass Challenges Tracker and Guides – Tracker feature that lets you track your progress with all the weekly challenges, also has a visual guide with maps.
- Summarize tool for Battle Royale Challenges, showing only remaining challenges.
- Weapon Comparison – The stats for all the weapons in Battle Royale
- Items – Descriptions of all Battle Royale items.
- Tips and Info – Important information and useful tips for Battle Royale players.
- News – From several sources, including the Fortnite Site, Forums, and Youtube, as well as Battle Royal specific news from Fortnite Insider.
Frequently Asked Questions
Mentioned below are the most frequently asked questions regarding the Fortnite game. Have a look if you are confused about any of the below –
2. What games are currently available within the Epic Games app?
Fortnite and Battle Breakers.
3. What are the minimum device specifications to play Fortnite?
Fortnite is a high-fidelity game that is compatible with devices running 64-bit Android on an ARM64 processor, Android OS 8.0 or higher, minimum 4GB of RAM, and GPU: Adreno 530 or higher, Mali-G71 MP20, Mali-G72 MP12 or higher.
4. Which Android devices can run at 60 FPS?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (USA variant only)
- Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, S10+
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+, Note 10+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A90 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
- HONOR View20
- Huawei Mate 20 X
- Huawei P30 / P30 Pro
- Sony Xperia 1
- Xiaomi Mi9
- OnePlus 7 Pro
- ASUS ROG Phone II
5. Are Bluetooth headsets supported on Android devices?
Yes. We currently support the use of Bluetooth headsets for audio usage but not for voice chat.
6. Is voice chat available on Android devices?
Yes, voice chat is available on Android devices but not through Bluetooth headsets.
7. Are Bluetooth controllers supported on Android devices?
Yes. On Android, we support most Bluetooth controller adapters, such as:
- Steelseries Stratus XL
- Sony DualShock 4 Wireless Controller (Android OS 10 or newer)
- Xbox Wireless Controller
- Razer Raiju Mobile
- Razer Junglecat
- Moto Gamepad
8. Does Fortnite support mouse + keyboard on Android devices?
No, mouse + keyboard is not supported on Android devices. If you use a mouse + keyboard on Android, you will be removed from the match.
9. Can I customize the HUD on Android?
Yes, the HUD is customizable. Just tap the settings in-game and click the HUD Layout Tool. The HUD Layout Tool allows the player to move, resize, and add buttons from the extra section!
10. Does Fortnite support rooted devices?
No, rooted devices are not supported. We’re looking into the possibility of supporting rooted devices in the future, provided we can find effective anti-cheat solutions.
I hope you have all found the article of use. In case you have any questions feel free to ask us in the comment section below. We will be glad to help you out.
Happy Androiding 🙂