OnePlus is one of the most popular phone brands owing to its timely updates and amazing smartphones. OnePlus had recently promised its users to release Android 10 for OnePlus 5 and 5T. Well, we all know how honest the promises this brand makes. OnePlus 7 devices are a great example of it. However, the Android 10 journey for OnePlus 6 has not been as amazing as one would have guessed.
Now we have OnePlus 5 and 5T Android 10 Update. This is not an open beta update. It was leaked. For what we know, this update brings along the latest Security Patch Level. However, this is the Chinese Hydrogen OS 10 firmware and does not include Google Services. Via this update, you also get Android 10 goodie like Focus mode, Live Mode, Dark Mode, Privacy Controls, Location Controls, Gesture Navigation, Smart Reply and so on.
OnePlus 5 and 5T Android 10 Journey –
- OnePlus 5 and 5T get Android 9 Pie With OxygenOS Open Beta 22 and Beta 20
- Oxygen OS 9.0.9 out for OnePlus 5T and 5 with October 2019 Security Patch (OTA downloads)
- OnePlus rolls out OxygenOs 9.0.10 to OnePlus 5 and 5T (Downloads inside)
- Download Oxygen OS 9.0.11 OTA update for OnePlus 5 and 5T
Changelog of the latest Android 10 for OnePlus 5 and 5T
- Update to Android 10 version
- New UI design, light and smooth operation experience, more details, etc.
- Added location management permissions to support only when using the app
- A new personalization experience that supports icon shape changes applied to shortcut settingsFull screen Gestures
- Added bottom bar to support left and right slide bar switching app experience
- New game space that automatically brings together your favorite games for a smooth game acceleration experienceInformation display
- Supports display of weather, schedule, music and other information based on the scene display screen (Settings – Display – Information Display – Scene Information)SMS
- Add SMS keyword blocking to help you avoid harassing SMS messages (Information – Intercept History – Harassment Intercept Settings – SMS Keyword Intercept)
Do not miss – OnePlus Launcher APK v4.3.3+ Download
Download Android 10 Update for OnePlus 5 and 5T
Given below are the direct links to download the latest Android 10 for OnePlus 5 and 5T. Just note that this is a HydrogenOS Update which is a Chinese version made for the Chinese. Thus it will not include any Google Apps or Google Play Store. But if you want Google Apps on your OP5/5T, you will have to wait for the Oxygen OS 10 beta 1 update. Stay tuned with us for that.
Note – The size of this update is around 2 GB. So make sure you download it over a WiFi connection.
H2OS Android 10 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5T
H2OS Android 10 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5
Update OnePlus 5 and 5T to Android 10
Here is a short guide on how you can install and update Oneplus 5 and 5T to Android 10 –
- First of all, download the latest available H2OS or Oxygen OS full stock firmware zip for OnepLus 5 and 5T from the links mentioned above.
- Move the above downloaded ROM file to the internal storage of your OP device.
- Now put the zip file outside every folder.
- Navigate to the Settings app> System updates> tap on the top right settings icon > select Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will now look for an upgrade package.
- When you come across an upgrade package, click on it and then click on the install option.
That is it. That’s how easy it was to update OnePlus 5 and 5T to Android 10.
More such posts –
- Root OnePlus 6/6T using Magisk (Without TWRP)
- Download Official Android 10 OTA Update for Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
- Download Xiaomi Mi A3 Android 10 HotFix Update (March 2020 Security Level)
- Download MIUI 11 based Android 10 OTA Update for Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 and Mi 9 Lite
- Download Android 10 OTA Update for Xiaomi Mi A3 (Official)
- Download Android 10 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro with Open Beta 1 [OTA Updates]
Basically a gamer, I tend to find Android so amusing that ended up creating a blog where I could share with you all that i am aware of and could be. Passion overtook me to an extent that I decided to be a full time technology blogger. Besides gaming, eating sleeping and Androiding is what keeps me going!