HMD Global is no way lagging behind in releasing Google’s latest and greatest Android 10 Update for its devices. While tech giants like Xiaomi are still engaged in releasing MIUI 11-based Android 10 beta Update for its handful of devices, Nokia has come forward strong enough. After successfully rolling out the Android 10 Stable update for Nokia 7 Plus, and Stable Android 10 for Nokia 8, HMD Global has now released the Android 10 Stable Update for Nokia 6.1 and 6.1 Plus.
The Nokia 6.1/6.1 Plus Android 10 OTA update is now live for all the devices. As any other OTA Update, this one too will be released Over-the-air. However, if you are not patient enough and want this update ASAP on your Nokia 6.1/6.1 Plus, then you can download it from the links mentioned below and then install it using the guides given here.
Do not Miss – Nokia 7 Plus receives Android 10 Stable Update
Changelog for Nokia 6.1 and 6.1 Plus Stable Android 10 Update
Here’s what the update log for the Android 10 Stable Update for Nokia 6.1 and 6.1 Plus looks like –
Privacy settings made easy, replies written faster and all-round improvements that make using your phone feel more natural – Android 10 comes with heaps of new features that will help you get the most out of your Nokia smartphone.
- Dark Theme
- Smart Reply
- Software upgrade – Android 10 (V4.10C)
- Dark mode — Take it easy on your eyes
- Smart reply — Save more time with recommended actions
- Gesture navigation — Get around with a swipe and a pull
- Additional controls for privacy and location –
- Google Security Patch (2019-12)
Download Android 10 stable OTA update for Nokia 6.1 and 6.1 Plus
Generally, you will get notified on receiving the Nokia 6.1/6.1 Plus Android 10 OTA Update. However, if you want to check manually, you can simply go to the Settings> System Updates> Check for Updates> Tap on install if an update is available.
However, if you cannot wait long enough for the update to roll out on your device, you can anytime download it from the links mentioned below. Then you can install this update on your device by using either the Stock Recovery or ADB Sideload Method.
Given below is the link to download the Nokia 6.1/6.1 Plus Android 10 Update. The size of the update is 1444.3 MB. And hence, we would recommend you to download it over a WiFi network.
Nokia 6.1 Android 10 WW V4.10C December 2019
Nokia 6.1 Plus Android 10 WW V4.10C December 2019
How to Update Nokia 6.1/6.1 Plus to Android 10?
In case you did not receive the OTA Update yet and are looking forward to downloading it from the above links, you will then have to install this update on your Nokia device by following the below methods –
#1. Stock Recovery Method
- To initiate with, you will have to download the Android 10 OTA update zip file from above for your Nokia 6.1/6.1 Plus.
- Move this OTA zip to the storage of your device.
- Switch off your Nokia 6.1/6.1 Plus and then long-press the Power key and Volume Up key together for a few seconds.
- When the device vibrates, release both the keys.
- Your Nokia device will now get into the Bootloader mode.
- Now choose the Recovery option to get into Recovery Mode.
- Choose the option of “Apply update from SD Card” from the recovery options.
- Then go to the OTA update zip and select it.
- Lastly, confirm the installation.
You are good to go!
#2. ADB Sideload Method
- To start with, you will have to download the Android 10 OTA update zip file from above for your Nokia 6.1/6.1 Plus.
- Move this OTA zip to the storage of your device.
- Then move it to the PC or whichever system you are using, i.e., Mac or Linux.
- Keep in mind to have a copy of this update zip on the storage of your device or SD Card.
- Boot your Nokia 6.1/6.1 Plus device into Recovery mode. For this, switch off your device and then press and hold down the Power + Volume Up keys together.
- Using the USB Cables, connect your device to the PC.
- Open Command prompt or a terminal window where you have installed the OTA Zip.
- For this, type cmd in the search bar and then press the Enter key.
- Now go to the ‘Device Recovery and then choose ‘Apply Updates from ADB.’
- Go to a location where you have saved the OTA Zip file on the PC. Now flash the OTA by entering the below command – remember to put the actual filename in-between ‘< >’ and also the exact name with its proper extension. Do not use ‘< >’ in the actual command.
adb sideload <filename>.zip
For Mac users –
./adb sideload <filename>.zip
For Linux –
“Sudo ADB sideload <filename>.zip”
- Lastly, confirm your action and wait until the update is finished.
- Reboot your device.
Your Nokia 6.1/6/1 Plus will now be updated to Android 10. Enjoy!
I hope that the above article helped you! Stay tuned for more such amazing updates!
Basically a gamer, I tend to find Android so amusing that ended up creating a blog where I could share with you all that i am aware of and could be. Passion overtook me to an extent that I decided to be a full time technology blogger. Besides gaming, eating sleeping and Androiding is what keeps me going!