CSGO Error Downloading Maps: Counter-Strike Global Offensive is also referred to as CSGO which is a multiplayer action title that is very famous for its gameplay. The gameplay concept here is simple as two teams pits against each other where one of the team is Terrorists and the other team is counter-terrorists. The counter-terrorists should either plant the bomb or protect the hostages depending on the game mode you play. The game is developed by Valve and Hidden Path Entertainments.
Now a lot of players are facing CSGO error downloading maps issues which basically occurs when you are trying to download a new playable map on your Windows 10 computer. The reasons for this issue can be diverse but can be fixed by following the below-mentioned methods. If you are a CSGO freak and are unable to Fix CSGO Error Downloading Maps, do not worry as in this post, we are going to help you fix the issue.
Method 1:Verify the Integrity of the Game files to Fix CSGO Error Downloading Maps
- Open the Steam launching on your computer.
- Once opened, click and open the second tab on the top of the Steam launcher which is Library.
- This is where you can find all the games. Here you will have to search for CSGO.
- Also Read: How to Fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare Crashing
- Right-click on the CSGO and then click on properties. Now the properties window will open up.
- Now click on the Local Files tab which is the third tab inside the properties window.
- Here, you will have to click and select the Verify Integrity on Game Files button.
- This might take some time. Once done, you can open the game and test out for this issue yourselves. If this did not fix your issue, then go ahead and follow the next method.
Method 2: Turn the Download Filter on Fix CSGO Error Downloading Maps
- Open the Game menu and here you can find the settings towards the left side of your screen.
- From here click on the game tab and set Enable developer console (-) to Yes.
- Press the tlide key on the keyboard to show the developer console.
- Type cl_downloadfilter all then click submit. Check whether this issue still persists.
- Also Read: How to Fix CSGO Freezing Randomly
Method 3: Download the Map and Add it manually
- On your browser navigate to CSGO community and search for the map you want.
- Copy and download the map to CSGO Maps folder.
- That’s all.
If this post helped you to Fix CSGO Error Downloading Maps, show us some love by sharing this article with your friends and family to whom this post can be useful. Now that you have done that, it is time for me to bid you adieu. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us! Until next time, Stay Techy!
Android Jungles’ Editor Tarun Tej is a Bangalore-based writer and journalist whose work has appeared in True-Tech, DroidJournal, DroidViews, and various other online publications. An avid photographer, music-lover, and film-buff. He finds ultimate joy when writing about the latest tech and geek stuff. His interests are ranging from anything to do with mobiles, cameras, and any gadget for that matter.