Check Graphics Card Specs on Windows 10: A graphic card is a computer hardware component that is responsible for high display graphics at a very high-speed rate. Even for general office tasks also you might want to know the features of the graphics card but if you are a gamer then the graphics card is the first thing that you will look for. So for a thing that is as important as a graphics card then one must know how to check the specs as well.
But it seems like most of you might not know how to Check Graphics Card Specs on Windows 10 or any Windows computer for that matter. If you are not sure how to do so either, then this post is for you as in this post we have covered three different methods to Check Graphics Card Specs on Windows 10.
Method 1: Check Graphics Card using the Command Prompt
Step 1: First open the search bar and then type cmd in it.
Step 2: Then click on Run as administrator.
Step 3: Then one must click on Yes on the User Account Control Window.
Step 4: Type wmic path win32_VideoController get name and then press Enter.
Step 5: Now again type wmic path win32_VideoController get DiverVersion and then press Enter.
Method 2: Check GPU type using the DXDIAG tool
For those who don’t know DXDIAG is a tool that allows you to troubleshoot any video or sound-related problems.
- Now type dxdiag in the search box.
- Open the dxdiag app that appears.
- Now click on the Display tab from here and you will be able to get detailed information on the video card such as the name, manufacturer, and memory.
Method 3: Check graphics card from the Windows 10 Device Manager
The Device Manager is a tool that allows one to control the hardware attached to the computer and this can help us in checking the Graphic Card Specs as well.
- First, you must Right-click on the Start button
- Then click on Device Manager.
- Then you must click on the forwarded arrow before the Display adapters.
- After that Right-click on the graphics card then click on Properties. Then after that, you will get detailed information on the device type and all the related information.
Method 4: Get Video card Information using the Task Manager to Check Graphics Card Specs on Windows 10
- First, click on the Start button.
- Then click on the Task Manager.
- Then click on the Performance tab.
- Then click on GPU on the left pane. You will be shown the detailed information of the GPU.
Once you have done performing the steps listed above your problem must have been solved and you will be able to check your graphics card specs on Windows 10. If you ask a gamer then they can go on for days talking about the graphics card and how important a graphic card is and it is not just for gamers. Now after reading this article I am sure that you might have learned a few things around it as well.
If this post helped you to Check Graphics Card Specs on Windows 10, do consider sharing this article with your friends for whom this article could be helpful. We at Android Jungles follow an ideology to share tech and gaming tips like this every day. So make sure you bookmark us and stay tuned. Now that you have done that, it is time for me to bid you adieu. Until next time, stay techy!
Android Jungles’ Editor Tarun Tej is a Bangalore-based writer and journalist whose work has appeared in True-Tech, DroidJournal, DroidViews, and various other online publications. An avid photographer, music-lover, and film-buff. He finds ultimate joy when writing about the latest tech and geek stuff. His interests are ranging from anything to do with mobiles, cameras, and any gadget for that matter.