Cheapest Cable TV for Low Income Families and Seniors: Cable TV is not any different from any other essential services. In the current living scenario, shelter, clothing, bed, food, phone, and TV have become a standard requirement. While the Federal Government offers free phones, beds, and many more, there are no free cable TV services for the less fortunate or low-income families.
It is challenging to find affordable TV offerings for low-income families and seniors on a similar note. Simultaneously, plenty of cable TV companies offer discounts and special rates to disadvantaged families and groups. In some cases, securing these discounts may mean price haggling and asking questions specific to your needs.
As we all know, cable TV providers always have their standards in maintaining their customer base. So, they are likely to provide a plan within your budget. In general, cable TV for low-income families can range from $50 to $70 depending on their individual needs and selection of channels, and the number of TV sets in a home. With that being said, let us talk about some of the cheapest cable TVs for low income families and seniors. While you are here, you can also check out our How to Get Free iPhone Without Offers.
Cheapest Cable TV for Low Income Families and Seniors
Cheapest Cable TV for Low Income Families and Seniors
- 1. Xfinity Cable TV for Low-Income Families
- 2. AT&T U-Verse Cheap Cable TV for Seniors
- 3. Spectrum Cable TV for Seniors
- 4. Optimum Affordable Cable TV Plans
- 5. Cox Affordable Cable TV Plans
- 6. Mediacom Affordable Cable TV Plans for Low income families
- 7. Comcast Affordable Cable TV Plans
- 8. Dish TV Affordable Cable Plans
- How to Secure the Cheap Cable TV Deals for low income?
- FAQs Related to cheap cable tv for seniors
Given below are the best options to go for Cheap Cable TV for Low income families and seniors –
1. Xfinity Cable TV for Low-Income Families
Xfinity is the best in the business when it comes to cheap cable TV for low-income families. The expanded basic package comes with 140 channels at $49.99 per month under the 12-month contract.
The Xfinity’s X1 DVR plan might not be the best in the market, or neither had excellent customer service like other services on the list. Still, it is definitely the affordable one for low-income families.
Now you might think that Xfinity cut so many corners to provide cable at these affordable rates. The cheapest cable TV for low-income families plan offers every channel that the top 25 cable TV providers provide. The list of channels here includes AMC, USA, Discovery, ESPN, The CW, TNT, and the list.
- Affordable Cable TV Plans
- No Contract Plans Available
- A strong X1 DVR
- Shaky Customer Service
- Extra Fees
2. AT&T U-Verse Cheap Cable TV for Seniors
After the Xfinity cable, AT&T is much appreciated and used by low-income families because of its pricing. For the price as low as $49.99, you will get over 180 channels under the U-Family plan.
U-Verse Internet accompanies the U-Verse Cable if you want a stable internet connection for your kids at the same affordable rates. Unlike most other services in the list, the U-Verse cable offers High Definition service ready DVR, which can record up to four concurrent shows.
Not just that, the home DVR lets you store up to 165 hours of HD content and 460 hours of SD content under the select plans. The offer comes with a DVR plus movies for the live TV services.
- Free DVR with all the plans
- It comes with an app that works on various devices
- Poor nationwide availability.
If you are looking for free government internet, you can check our How to Get Free Government Internet and Laptop.
3. Spectrum Cable TV for Seniors
If you do not want to sign any contract no matter what, then Spectrum could be the right service for you as the company does not require the customers to sign a multi-year contract when joining the network, which means you are free to move to an alternative TV service of your choice.
Spectrum also provides you with a DVR upon subscribing to their cable service, and the DVR lends about 75 hours of HD storage. Consider there is no contract to sign, you can overlook the weaker DVR and enjoy the best TV plan rates. But you might have to watch out for a one-time $34.99 while starting the subscription initially.
- No Contracts
- Fair Pricing and Cheaper than the competition
- Weaker DVR
- Hidden Costs
4. Optimum Affordable Cable TV Plans
Optimum cable TV provider knows that a person should not limit their entertainment only because they cannot afford it. And hence they have introduced cheap cable TV for Low-income families and individuals.
This Cable Provider lets people with low income and seniors watch Cable TV without enrolling for any contract. The DVR lets you record over 15 shows, and thus you can manage to watch different shows for different family members.
People with low income can go for the Optimum Core TV Plan that starts at $59.99 per month and offers about 220 channels. If you pay an additional $15, you can get an increased number of channels – 340 at $74.99. The higher or Optimum premium TV Plan is priced at $104.99 for 420 channels.
- Offers great sports packages
- No contract service
- Provides simultaneous recording
- Premium services available in only 3 states
5. Cox Affordable Cable TV Plans
Another name that pops up for cheapest Cable TV for low-income families is Cox Affordable Cable TV Plans. The plans offered by Cox are perfect for low-income and seniors. There are not many options, but the available ones are suitable for all.
The Cox Starter Package includes all the basic channels like NBC, ESPN, CBS, ABC, FOX, PBS, Disney, etc. With the Contour plan, you get to customize the plan and add channels like HBO.
Cox Cable TV Plans
- TV Starter Package – 70 channels at $25
- Contour TV – 140 Channels at $64.99
- Non that we aware of.
- DVR is costly
6. Mediacom Affordable Cable TV Plans for Low income families
Mediacom is yet another great cable TV service provider that offers cheap plans and maximum channels of different kinds like sports, movies, lifestyle, news, etc. With Mediacom, you also get HD channels with an HD box. There are over 20,000 free Demand titles.
This cable service has an integration with TiVo that lets users have 1000 TiVo DVR Recording hours. Its TV Everywhere app lets the users watch Live TV anywhere. Although you will not get standalone TV Plans with Mediacom, the service provider does let the customers customize any internet bundle along with the DVR Choices mentioned below –
- Local 60 Double Play – 50 channels at $48.98
- Silver 60 Double Play – 170 Channels at $69.98
- Silver 60 Triple Play – 170 Channels at $69.98
- Xstream Silver 100 Triple Play-C – 170 Channels at $89.98
- Xtream Gold 100 Showtime® Triple Play – 220 Channels at $109.98
- Xtream Gold 100 HBO® Triple Play – 220 Channels at $109.98
- Xtream Platinum 100 Triple Play – 270 Channels at $129.98
- 1000 hours recording time
- Numerous plan options
- TiVo integration
- None that we know of
7. Comcast Affordable Cable TV Plans
Comcast is one of the best cable service providers that also offer cable senior discounts. The cable service has separate cheap cable tv plans for seniors. Seniors can get over a 10% discount on local cable news that comprises channels like CBS, NBC, etc. The eligibility for a senior discount is 62 years and above.
- No Activation Fees
- No rental charges
- Affordable Cable TV
- Basic Package Limited to 62 years of age for seniors
- Basic Local Channel News for the Essentials Package
8. Dish TV Affordable Cable Plans
If you are looking for Seniors low income-affordable Cable TV Plans, Dish TV has got a lot to offer you. The cable service provider offers low-cost cable tv plans that start at $59.99. Given below are the Dish TV Affordable Cable TV plans –
- America’s Top 120 – 190 Channels at $59.99
- America’s Top 120 Plus – More than 190 Channels at $69.99
- America’s Top 200 – More than 240 Channels at $79.99
- America’s Top 250 – More than 290 Channels at $89.99
The best part about Dish TV low-cost Cable Plans is that many people can actually get discounts on the plans by providing your case to the company. You will be surprised to know and Dish TV runs another Cable TV Service via their Flex TV Brand where you get free HBO for the initial 3 months of Subscription.
- More channels, less price
- Affordable price
- Additional Charges for HD Content
How to Secure the Cheap Cable TV Deals for low income?
If you are looking forward to securing the cheapest cable TV deals, here is what all you can do –
- Collect as much information as you can – The first step to secure a cheap cable TV Deal is to know all that you can. Once you collect as much information as possible, you will know for yourself the best deals and options available to you.
- Research – Only collecting the information will not do. You will also have to do your own research like calling the cable provider service, comparing various cable providers, checking the reviews of such providers, and so on.
- Check Cable Provider’s website – The website acts as a mirror of any company. You can get a lot of information about a company through its website. You might also find testimonials about their service as well as all the plans they offer.
- Call Cable Companies – You can try calling the cable companies and directly ask them for their best offers. The job of this customer care is to persuade the customers to buy the cable TV plans. And hence they will also let you know about all the amazing offers available. Thus you can choose the best one for yourself.
- Chat Online with Provider’s representative – Many services on their websites has the option of Online chat. This makes the process convenient for both the customer and the company. You can chat with the online chatbot and know about the offers available.
FAQs Related to cheap cable tv for seniors
Can I get Cable TV for free?
You might. But getting Cable TV for free is not as easy as it sounds. Some costs cannot be done without, like Setup costs. But it is still possible to access the air Local high definition Channels without paying in case you have an HD TV with an antenna and a tuner.
What is the best Alternative for Cable TV?
The best alternative for Cable TV is internet streaming. Online streaming gives many options and is much cheaper than Cable TV.
Does Comcast have a program for low income families?
Comcast has a program for seniors above the age of 62 years. The internet essentials program offers high-speed internet and local cable news for $9.95 per month.
Do cable companies offers Senior Discounts?
Cable Companies have various offers for Senior Citizens. You can get price cuts on cable TV Package for citizens over the age of 50 years. One such cable provider is Comcast.
If this post helped you find out the Cheap Cable TV for Low-Income Families, consider sharing this guide with your friends for whom this article might help. We at Android Jungles follow an ideology of sharing how-tos and helping guides like this every day.
So make sure you bookmark us and stay tuned. Now that you have done that, it is time for me to bid you adieu. Until next time, stay techy!
Keep visiting us for more such helpful articles!